5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/canadatulle-150.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/doodlesbowtique.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Clever, Clever Ideas

Clever, Clever Ideas Have an idea? Saw an idea somewhere? Please share it here.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:33
Super Moderator

Default Do you have a Clever Idea or Words of Wisdom for New Members?

With so many new members joining I thought it would be fun to share some clever words of wisdom for the newbies. I don't mean trade secrets or anything like that, just things you wish you where told when you first started making bows. I'll start...

1. First and for most..use the forum search, chance are someone has already asked about it before (or even several times before There is a wealth of information here if you just take the time to look.

2. Start a "recipe book". Every time I make a new bow or clippie, I jot down the measurements of the ribbon and colors used, as I go.

anyone else have words of wisdom?
Sponsored Links
hair flower patterns and instructions
Old 04-24-2009, 10:19

Default Re: Do you have a Clever Idea or Words of Wisdom for New Members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda1 View Post
2. Start a "recipe book". Every time I make a new bow or clippie, I jot down the measurements of the ribbon and colors used, as I go.
Love this idea!
I keep bookmarking topics, websites and more and when I go looking to make something it takes me forever as I can't find the site (bows, crafts, recipes and more). I will have to start keeping a notebook near me.
Thank you!!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:54

Do NOT log on to this site when you're supposed to be working-you'll never get anything done!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:56

I'm new and I've already figured out NOT to log onto this site during naptime because nothing else will get done!
Old 04-25-2009, 02:22

I really would like to warn everybody That this is the most addictive thing ever............you start with a small thing and then with sooo much info you just can`t stop trying everything.
Since I am here in the forum my neeses love me more than ever cause I have two boys they are the happy recipients of everything I make.

PS:Ahhh i forgott to tell you can notice how addictive it is that I am posting at 3:00 Am my DH is sleeping so I don`t have to hear the bla bla bla what in the world have you been doing sitting in the computer for 5 hours stright??????

Last edited by pat font; 04-25-2009 at 02:24. Reason: adding PS
Old 04-25-2009, 09:52

dont get discouraged. The twisted boutique bow is hard in the begining for every one. Just practice. And agin this is very addicting. If you can get addicted to nitequil or soda you can and will get addicted to this. You will go to walmart and have ribbon with-draws and you be proud of yourself when you go there and not visit the craft section.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:42

don't go and open a store, website, and what-not-else when someone tells you your bows are good....
It takes time, practice, skills, know-how, patience...... You know the screw-ups on American Idol everyone makes fun of????
Well, unless you want to stand out in here like that, take it easy.

and for crying out loud USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!
this forum has been around for a while and unless you are REALLY re-inventing the wheel your question has been asked before. So go and search.
Don't stand out as a lazy bum who is expecting everything real quick for real free or for everyeone else to do the work for you.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:49

Don't be afraid to wear your own stuff....
I've always put things I've made into my daughters hair and get compliments and questions/sales from parents picking up their kids in her class....

I wear mine too from time to time....headbands mostly...You'd be surprised how many people will ask about them...
Old 04-25-2009, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda1 View Post
What a great idea!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:15

Know that making certain bows may come naturally while others will not. All I can say is try and try again. I have screamed, fumed, cried, even had a full blown tantrum in from of the DH because of a damn bow! Know that you will eventually get it and every mistake is a stepping stone. I learn something new each and every time I make a bow! In Fact I did last night!

Be patient with yourself & NO there isn't a hidden secret template for the twisted template! (NOT yet at least) So, PLEASE stop thinking if you ask enough it will be handed to you. Its all about experience and determination.

Sponsored Links

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/bitsybands_700.gif