http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Clever, Clever Ideas

Clever, Clever Ideas Have an idea? Saw an idea somewhere? Please share it here.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:13

Default Re: Do you have a Clever Idea or Words of Wisdom for New Members?

hhmmm...let me see....

1. make sure you make solid bows...m2m and all those colorful ones are great but......you will always come back to the basics.

2. If you have a little one at home...they will be drawn like magnets to your stuff....have a box with ribbon scraps and trinkets for them to use. Soon they will understand they can only mess with what's in their ribbon box!!
this is one of my daughters boxes...

Sponsored Links

disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon.jpg
Old 04-25-2009, 11:49

This is an awesome thread! I'm new, and have enjoyed reading it so far!

Even being new a have a bit of advice... play around with things! Tutorials are great, but sometimes just play with some ribbon, see what you like... and even with some commonly made bows, if the tutorials aren't working out for you play around, maybe you'll come up with your own way! (There are tons of ways to do everything... so if one doesn't work, try another some things are better for one person and don't work at all for another!)
Old 04-26-2009, 01:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzymumofthree View Post
don't go and open a store, website, and what-not-else when someone tells you your bows are good....
It takes time, practice, skills, know-how, patience...... You know the screw-ups on American Idol everyone makes fun of????
Well, unless you want to stand out in here like that, take it easy.

and for crying out loud USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!
this forum has been around for a while and unless you are REALLY re-inventing the wheel your question has been asked before. So go and search.
Don't stand out as a lazy bum who is expecting everything real quick for real free or for everyeone else to do the work for you.

little harsh advice for beginners dont you think?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:48

love your daughters new picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
hhmmm...let me see....

1. make sure you make solid bows...m2m and all those colorful ones are great but......you will always come back to the basics.

2. If you have a little one at home...they will be drawn like magnets to your stuff....have a box with ribbon scraps and trinkets for them to use. Soon they will understand they can only mess with what's in their ribbon box!!

Old 04-26-2009, 10:42

Don't go and post to threads that are years old just so you can get to 100 posts. That means when I press the new post button all those come up and I have to sort through them to see what is really new....even though we can see you are the one who posted last on ALL of them.

I'm not trying to be harsh at all...just honest! We we all newbies once!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsm3 View Post
little harsh advice for beginners dont you think?
No - I don't think it's harsh: it's open and honest
It's advice - so it's up 2 you 2 take it or leave it - it's still something that's on a lot of minds and no one else says it.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:07

Thanks for all the advice everyone. But I have a question about the search... Is there a way to search for more than 1 word? For example if I was searching for "pink bow" (not that I would search that, it's an example) all the results come back with threads that have either Pink or Bow. Is there a way to get results for threads with those words together?
Make sense?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:39

ditto harsh.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesusi View Post
Thanks for all the advice everyone. But I have a question about the search... Is there a way to search for more than 1 word? For example if I was searching for "pink bow" (not that I would search that, it's an example) all the results come back with threads that have either Pink or Bow. Is there a way to get results for threads with those words together?
Make sense?
Sorry you have to search for words with 4 or more letters. So if you search "pink bows", you'll get the results with threads have Pink and Bows. If you search for "bow", it'll just ignore it.

Michelle
Old 04-26-2009, 03:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
hhmmm...let me see....

This is soo true about the little ones. I gave my DD an old mini glue gun, but sometimes that is not enough. I will be putting a little box together for her.

As far as the other "harsh" post goes, it may be "harsh", but it IS advice, which is what this thread is all about. Just be proud of your work.

The search button is key. If you want a specific term, put it in quotes. If you want it from a certain section, go into that section first then press search.

The 100 post section really isn't all that. So please don't go post-happy on old posts just to get there. You will get to 100 soon enough, so just sit back and enjoy yourself as much as possible.

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg