150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Clever, Clever Ideas

Clever, Clever Ideas Have an idea? Saw an idea somewhere? Please share it here.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:19

Default I love these flowers! Not exactly sure how she makes them, but they are really sweet!

I came across these on etsy and love them, what a great idea for fabric scraps! Not really sure what all she does to them to get them to look like that, but how sweet are these?!?

Etsy :: begurple :: Creamy Grape Soda flower hair tie
Etsy :: begurple :: Falling Leaves fabric flower brooch

Old 08-31-2008, 11:34

Default Re: I love these flowers! Not exactly sure how she makes them, but they are really sw

looks like all she did was take different fabric shape it into a pedal crease a bit and i bet she just glued each one together then out lined with fabric puffy paint..thats what it looks like to me..they are very cute
Old 09-01-2008, 12:07

Default Re: I love these flowers! Not exactly sure how she makes them, but they are really sw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklesmegan View Post
looks like all she did was take different fabric shape it into a pedal crease a bit and i bet she just glued each one together then out lined with fabric puffy paint..thats what it looks like to me..they are very cute

Ditto, that's what I thought also. Looks like a wonderful project!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:42

I saw her store last winter and love her things too!
Very unique, I love how some of her fabric is sort of see through, it makes a really cool visual effect.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:00

A long long time ago, my friends and I made something like these but we attached them to a stem for the house. What we did was take florist wire and shape into little pedels twisted in the middle. Then we laid it down on little scraps of fabric with glue on the wire. After it dried we trimmed the fabric to the shape of the pedel. That way we could form the little pedel because it had that little bit of wire in it. Of course after finished cutting to shape use fabric paint to finish. They were so cute! It looks just like these!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklesmegan View Post
That's what I am thinking too!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana's7monkeys View Post
A long long time ago, my friends and I made something like these but we attached them to a stem for the house. What we did was take florist wire and shape into little pedels twisted in the middle. Then we laid it down on little scraps of fabric with glue on the wire. After it dried we trimmed the fabric to the shape of the pedel. That way we could form the little pedel because it had that little bit of wire in it. Of course after finished cutting to shape use fabric paint to finish. They were so cute! It looks just like these!
Yeah! what YOU said LOLOL - we used to make these in school many, many, many moons ago!
From the looks of it she used the same technique but used the tulip fabric paints to outline/cover the exposed/raw edges of the petals - it stays pliable for a while - but I'd be concerned about it crumbling/breaking after a while - had that happen on a shirt (but that might have been the softener in the wash LOLOL)
Awesome art! She's quite talented!!

Sabine
Old 09-01-2008, 02:17

Quote:

I remember those in the house!! I never knew how you made them, thanks for sharing, MOM!!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:33

Quote:
It makes sense... Another project to the do list, wow it's getting long!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links