http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Clever, Clever Ideas

Clever, Clever Ideas Have an idea? Saw an idea somewhere? Please share it here.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:44

Default Re: The Most Clever Template for Scalloped Flowers EVER!!!

See?!? I told you it was The Most Clever Template for Scalloped Flowers EVER!!!

And shipping is FREE - another reason to rejoice! - and there are over 800 of those pretty purple cookie cutter sets available, which is more than enough for all of us HGs!!

Of course I am taking full credit for this find, even though I never would have discovered it if not for "Becca, the Blogger". I'm sure that BTB is a very nice person, and we do need to acknowledge her contribution:

Thank you, "Becca, the Blogger", for blogging about the pretty purple cookie cutter set from Wilton, even if it has been discontinued!

BUT are the 59 people who commented on her post going to make lots and lots of money on the gorgeous fabric and/or singed flowers that will be flying off their Etsy, Facebook, or other online shop pages? Of course not! But we at HG will be doing just that! No more drawing pathetic scalloped flowers free-hand; no more cutting around ratty old scraps of paper pinned to our beautiful fabrics. We will simply place a pretty purple cookie cutter on the fabric, hold in place with a firm hand (without cutting ourselves; take note, ugly metal cookie cutters!), trace, and cut right on our beautiful scalloped-flower outline! We don't know which size to do next? No problem! We just gaze fondly at the other five perfectly graduated cookie cutters in our pretty purple set and we pick another one!

How long do our ratty old scraps of paper (or cardboard, for the fancy ones among us) last? Maybe two or three uses? How long will our pretty purple cookie cutters last? FOREVER! And when those nasty pen and pencil markings start to taint their purple perfection, we simply wash them with a few drops of Palmolive, and they'll be like new again!

Think of what we'll be able to do with all the money we'll be making!! And there will be such a demand for our flowers that we're going to have to hire at least a dozen "assistants" and move from our grungy old kitchen tables to a real warehouse, where we'll have our own office that's separate from the work and storage areas, where we'll take lots of naps, eat junk food, watch tv, and of course, provide daily updates on how much money we're making to our HG friends! We'll be so busy reading about how rich everyone is becoming that we won't have time to welcome new members, comment on gallery photos, or even - GASPS - participate in group buys or destashes! But that's ok, because we'll be so rich that we'll be able to buy whatever we want or need at full retail!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$

By now, of course, you're thinking, "I didn't at first realize all the ramifications of Pat's brilliant idea; I'm going to have to come up with a way to thank her!"

PM me for my home address and/or Paypal account info.

Oh, and I think that from now on, the set should be renamed Pat's Pretty Purple Cookie Cutter Set. I mean, it's only fair.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48

prleaf and Daisy Dee, thank you for sharing your templates!

bellisima, sadly, the Wilton cookie cutters won't cut the fabric, but they will be great for tracing around, providing us with lovely templates for our layered flowers!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49

i so enjoyed your post...thank you for the smiles!!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:54

I am totally cracking up right now.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:23

"Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week."

- Pat the bow making stand up comedienne
Old 01-02-2012, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.M View Post
"Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week."

- Pat the bow making stand up comedienne
Omg! You are too funny!

Of course, if I did take my act on the road, my contractual demands with the venues would include a long intermission, to give area HG's an opportunity to sell their bows - and their gorgeous, perfectly proportioned flowers! - in an adjacent banquet room! And free hotel rooms for all! Of course, I would select my cities and number of shows on the basis of where most HG's live, to give everyone a fair chance to rake in some extra money. (I guess that means I'll be appearing in at least four TX cities for a total period of 6-8 weeks...)

Thanks, Mrs.M, for the excellent suggestion! The New Year is getting off to a great start, here in HG Land!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:48

made me laugh, I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by patjnj View Post
See?!? I told you it was The Most Clever Template for Scalloped Flowers EVER!!!

And shipping is FREE - another reason to rejoice! - and there are over 800 of those pretty purple cookie cutter sets available, which is more than enough for all of us HGs!!

Of course I am taking full credit for this find, even though I never would have discovered it if not for "Becca, the Blogger". I'm sure that BTB is a very nice person, and we do need to acknowledge her contribution:

Thank you, "Becca, the Blogger", for blogging about the pretty purple cookie cutter set from Wilton, even if it has been discontinued!

BUT are the 59 people who commented on her post going to make lots and lots of money on the gorgeous fabric and/or singed flowers that will be flying off their Etsy, Facebook, or other online shop pages? Of course not! But we at HG will be doing just that! No more drawing pathetic scalloped flowers free-hand; no more cutting around ratty old scraps of paper pinned to our beautiful fabrics. We will simply place a pretty purple cookie cutter on the fabric, hold in place with a firm hand (without cutting ourselves; take note, ugly metal cookie cutters!), trace, and cut right on our beautiful scalloped-flower outline! We don't know which size to do next? No problem! We just gaze fondly at the other five perfectly graduated cookie cutters in our pretty purple set and we pick another one!

How long do our ratty old scraps of paper (or cardboard, for the fancy ones among us) last? Maybe two or three uses? How long will our pretty purple cookie cutters last? FOREVER! And when those nasty pen and pencil markings start to taint their purple perfection, we simply wash them with a few drops of Palmolive, and they'll be like new again!

Think of what we'll be able to do with all the money we'll be making!! And there will be such a demand for our flowers that we're going to have to hire at least a dozen "assistants" and move from our grungy old kitchen tables to a real warehouse, where we'll have our own office that's separate from the work and storage areas, where we'll take lots of naps, eat junk food, watch tv, and of course, provide daily updates on how much money we're making to our HG friends! We'll be so busy reading about how rich everyone is becoming that we won't have time to welcome new members, comment on gallery photos, or even - GASPS - participate in group buys or destashes! But that's ok, because we'll be so rich that we'll be able to buy whatever we want or need at full retail!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$

By now, of course, you're thinking, "I didn't at first realize all the ramifications of Pat's brilliant idea; I'm going to have to come up with a way to thank her!"

PM me for my home address and/or Paypal account info.

Oh, and I think that from now on, the set should be renamed Pat's Pretty Purple Cookie Cutter Set. I mean, it's only fair.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:57

Love It!

You sold me!!!!

Thank You!
Marcy
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56

Pat, thank you for your posts!! i don't know where the heck i've been, but i never realized how HILarious you are!!! very well-written and so funny i almost had coffee coming out of my nose!!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:08

You are too funny! I am buying a set right away, and to make it even easier I will have to purchase a purple ink pad to go with my new purple cookie cutters and skip the tracing all together

disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon.jpg