new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 09-15-2014, 08:29

Default Need to figure out how to make this cheer bow

Hi everyone. First I want to say how helpful I have found everyone's posts. I am completely new to making bows and I have been asked to make some cheer bows for some cheerleaders.

I got asked to make a specific style with three different widths of ribbon and it doesn't look like the ribbons are attached. I looked for a tutorial and I didn't find anything so I was hoping for some help.

I attached the picture.

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0402.jpg (40.0 KB, 120 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2014, 01:37

Default Re: Need to figure out how to make this cheer bow

Well, the hardest part is the about the knot.
It is an excellent one int he pic u showed.

Get the position where u want the knot be fixed. Sew it with needle if neccessary.
And then slowly tie the three-layers ribbon. Take it slowly.

Cut the ribbon after u finish the tying.

Try to make a neat knot with some spare ribbon first before u actually do this one.

Good luck!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:25

It is not much different than any other cheer bow....get your three ribbon sizes: looks like 3" black, 2.5 white and 1 1.2 gold. Cut them all the same length stack them on top on each other then fold in half to get your center. I would use a spot of hot glue to glue them together at the center.....then just bow like you would any other cheer bow. For the center, cut it about 1" longer than you normally would, knot it in the center....make sure that the ribbon does not twist and you do not need to pull it hard, just enough to get a nice looking knot. From the picture, it looks like the maker used the same gold ribbon that is on the top of the bow, folded it to make it narrower then made the knot....
I hope this information is helpful.....Good Luck!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:58

Thank you both for your help. I am waiting for supplies to come in and then I will be putting your advice to use. I will be sure to post a picture. Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:07

I wanna learn how to make this kind of cheer bow
Old 10-07-2014, 08:10

I finally did it. I made the bow and really did appreciate everyone's suggestions. I have had it done for a little while but it recently got approval with the coach. She just had a few suggestions that I do agree with. I heard she is super picky so thankfully she approves. I guess cheer coaches can be picky though.

Anyway...

I cut the ribbon 30 inches long and then before assembling the bows I cut the v-notches on all of them and then used fray check. I was worried it would discolor the ribbon, it didn't but I would test it first.

Then I glued the ribbons together at the center point with the widest on the botton and smallest on top. Just a small strip.

I used a cardboard template that was 8 inches wide. The coach wanted a wide bow. I put more glue on the back side of the bow between the layers so they wouldn't overlap on the edges and I did it in the back so it would be less noticeable.

Cinched the middle with a zip tie and did some adjustments and then attached the pony.

The knot gave me troubles because I didn't have anything smaller than 1.5" ribbon. I kind of folded it in half and then knotted it.

Then some stiffy and it was done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141001_191400_resized.jpg (37.4 KB, 53 views)
Old 10-07-2014, 09:27

I use the 3/8, 5/8 and 7/8 (depending on ribbon size) heat n bond strips to stack the layers. It makes them stiffer as well.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidetrick View Post
I finally did it. I made the bow and really did appreciate everyone's suggestions. I have had it done for a little while but it recently got approval with the coach. She just had a few suggestions that I do agree with. I heard she is super picky so thankfully she approves. I guess cheer coaches can be picky though.

Anyway...

I cut the ribbon 30 inches long and then before assembling the bows I cut the v-notches on all of them and then used fray check. I was worried it would discolor the ribbon, it didn't but I would test it first.

Then I glued the ribbons together at the center point with the widest on the botton and smallest on top. Just a small strip.

I used a cardboard template that was 8 inches wide. The coach wanted a wide bow. I put more glue on the back side of the bow between the layers so they wouldn't overlap on the edges and I did it in the back so it would be less noticeable.

Cinched the middle with a zip tie and did some adjustments and then attached the pony.

The knot gave me troubles because I didn't have anything smaller than 1.5" ribbon. I kind of folded it in half and then knotted it.

Then some stiffy and it was done.
Nice job. It's pretty!!!
And thank you sooo much for your sharing. I can learn a lot from it.

And really happy for you. Although the couch was picky, you got her nicely. Really a good job. Yayyyyy!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif