Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 10-24-2013, 05:33

Default New to cheer bows; Recommendations needed please!!!

Hello all!

I have been making bows for a couple years now but want to challenge myself with something new. Delving into cheer bows came along due to requests from cheer moms on our current base (mil spouse). So now I need a starting point. I've got an idea of the type of bows I'd like to make (picture attached).

Can you guys please provide me recommendations for some comprehensive tutorials, tips, and fabrics to use. I have heard spandex, sequin fabrics, stretch lace etc. I also need to know about vinyl cutters, heat presses (or if I can start with an iron...just don't want anything coming off) etc.

OH! Also, which are your favorite sites to get your supplies.

Thanks so much as always!
Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2013, 02:32

Default Re: New to cheer bows; Recommendations needed please!!!

I just spent an hour typeing a very detailed answer to ur question but I guess the site timed me out and all of what I typed up disappeared!? I cannot retype all of that but would love to help u. I wish I had the help when I started but this site is gonna be ur best resource. Message me and ill get ya all the info u needed. I'm sure some people might have been upset if I let the secrets out of the bag cuz theirs some info u won't find any good instructions on.
Which led me to conclude it mustve been a secret.
Ttyl n good luck with ur bows!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanh View Post
I just spent an hour typeing a very detailed answer to ur question but I guess the site timed me out and all of what I typed up disappeared!? I cannot retype all of that but would love to help u. I wish I had the help when I started but this site is gonna be ur best resource. Message me and ill get ya all the info u needed. I'm sure some people might have been upset if I let the secrets out of the bag cuz theirs some info u won't find any good instructions on.
I'm so sorry! Thank you though. I did send you a PM to follow up. I'd be grateful for any help you can provide me.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettylittlebittyones View Post
I'm so sorry! Thank you though. I did send you a PM to follow up. I'd be grateful for any help you can provide me.
Most of the fine ladies on this site have no issues giving tips, providing help and even referring you to certain websites they use in creating their bows. I started on this site over five years ago and have never turned anyone away.

My best advice is that you conduct a thorough search of this forum becuase the information you are looking for is all contained within prior posts.

I use an iron for vinyl and spandex fabric. I have a Silhouette Cameo cutter that I use for shape and word cutouts. I purchase my ribbons through teapartyribbons.com, my spandex through spandexworld.com and my vinyl through specialty-graphics.com.

As for tutorial in how to put the cheer bows together, there are many techniques. Again, a search of this forum will give you the directions, but time and practice will help perfect your technique. I personally made bows for over a year before I sold one. Still today I am changing my techniques and learning new ones.

One helpful tip, if the pictures you posted are not your work, please give the creator their credit.

Good Luck!

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz

Last edited by gmcks2001; 10-25-2013 at 09:33.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:21

Red face Re: New to cheer bows; Recommendations needed please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanh View Post
Hello, I just read your reply to a young lady that was in the same situation that I find myself in now, a newbie in the world of cheer bows. You offered to send her some valuable information that is not available through instructions and tutorials but learned through experience. If you still have that information available and are willing to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies