New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 10-23-2013, 06:39
Default Missing deadlines

Have any of you ever missed a deadline, and how did you handle it? As in a team having to perform without their bows one time. I know we all do our best so this never happens, but sometimes things come up and just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I had a team order their bows a couple weeks earlier, and I shipped them USPS express (overnight delivery) on Thursday to arrive the Friday before the competition. Express mail is a guaranteed service and they said it was guaranteed Friday delivery. I even took it into the post office and paid through the clerk to make sure it went into the system properly. It ended up not getting there on time. When it didn't get there on Friday, I was hoping it would at least make it there on Saturday. But nope not until the next week. Now I have a very upset customer (I am equally upset and disappointed), and all I can get from the post office is my money back for the postage I paid. The customer is asking for a half or full refund from me since I didn't deliver on time. I will not be giving her a full refund because she is keeping the bows. But is she right for requesting a refund? I know I could've shipped the bows earlier, but I did send them so that they were supposed to be guaranteed delivery when she needed them, so I do also blame the post office for not following through on their end.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 07:25
Default Re: Missing deadlines

This is a tough one! Since they are keeping the bows, I will offer a % refund, maybe 25%. And believe you me, I just recently had a similar issue with the posts office and a packet I was expecting which finally showed up 4 days after it was guranteed to be delivered. Fortunately for me, I was able to get the items locally and was able to deliver them on time to my client.
Your issue is that they ordered a few weeks in advance and you guranteed delivery on time. I usually make sure that I have more than enough time especially if I have to use the mail. If it is local and I am behind, I have the option to make the delivery myself.
None-the-less, you are put in a position where you can give back a percentage or face the possibility of loosing a customer. If at all possible I would try to set up a face-to-face with the customer and explain what happened and hopefully, the may understand, a refund is always a good way of making them understand and will make them come back again, otherwise you will more than likely loose them as a client. You have to decide if a percentage back or not, is worth the loss of a client.....Good luck
Old 10-23-2013, 07:58

just curious, how late did they come. Are you sure she didn't use them and is just saying that.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:57

As a rule of thumb I always allow a week for shipping when I take an order, even though I only ship UPS/USPS Priority mail. Luckily I have never had an issue with a deadline. If I know that I am cutting it short with time I tell the customer that I can guarantee the date that I will ship it, but cannot guarantee what happens once the bows leave my hands & that is their choice of taking the risk.

Knowing that the order was placed weeks in advance & you were relying on overnight delivery I would offer a minimum of 25% off plus a refund of her shipping costs. Honestly I would probably offer 50% off just to try to ensure a return customer & also to hope she wouldn't bad mouth me to other teams/coaches. She was left without bows and had to either scramble to make something quickly or go without & I'm sure deal with very unhappy cheer moms from her team.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links