http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 10-05-2013, 12:10

Default cheer bows

Does anyone know how to make the cheer bows that have 2 sort of tear drops on each side vs the standard v-cut that you see. powerbows.com sells them?

- Kathleen

Last edited by tup2828; 10-05-2013 at 01:08.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 10-06-2013, 09:32

Default Re: cheer bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by tup2828 View Post
Does anyone know how to make the cheer bows that have 2 sort of tear drops on each side vs the standard v-cut that you see. powerbows.com sells them?

- Kathleen
I have no idea but from your description, it seems that you would cut your ends the opposite way to cut the V with a slight curve. I do not like looking at other people's work and copying.....but it sounds fairly simple. Give it a shot and see how it turns out......
2. I do think it is unethical to copy people's work.....at least try to figure it out yourself, but asking others to figure it out for you just tells me that just maybe this is not for you.....
Old 10-06-2013, 12:36

Default Re: Swish cheer bows

I tried looking to even see what you meant. I am not sure if I could find one. Do you mean the swish bows where the swish goes into the point?

I could find any that were cut different. Well, except that sawtooth one.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:01

It looks like the tails are double layer, rather than a single layer v- cut.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
It looks like the tails are double layer, rather than a single layer v- cut.
You know, now that you have said it.....I see it now. Sometimes only one side is 2 layered. I get it now! Thank you so much!!!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklestars View Post
I tried looking to even see what you meant. I am not sure if I could find one. Do you mean the swish bows where the swish goes into the point?

I could find any that were cut different. Well, except that sawtooth one.
Thank you so much for inquiring!!! Momto3 figured it out. It's just a double layer of ribbon where you want that look. Go to powerbows.com and it's on their front page.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerstones View Post
I do think it is unethical to copy people's work.....at least try to figure it out yourself, but asking others to figure it out for you just tells me that just maybe this is not for you.....
Cheerstones, This has been gnawing at me. How is it unethical to get ideas from other people and copy them? People post on here all the time on "how do you tie this bow?" etc. How is this any different?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:25

Quote:
Cheerstones, This has been gnawing at me. How is it unethical to get ideas from other people and copy them? People post on here all the time on "how do you tie this bow?" etc. How is this any different?
I did not mean to be offensive, that is way I still answered your question as best as I could. However, this is very different that asking how do tie a bow, or what glue to use or any general "how to question" but this question to me is about copying someone elses design. I do understand that things become popular and new styles come up all the time, but it would be nice to respect the designers design and give them some time before starting to copy their work. I have no issues sharing technique, but i think designs are different......Not saying that I have not seen something someone else had done and admired it and even worndered how it was done, but I will figure it out on my own or not do it. Now if this same idea has become more common, then I have no issues with asking how it is done......Sorry if I offended you.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:53

Quote:
Thank you momto3! I'm new to bow making. I have no clue how long something has been out. Thank you everyone for your advice!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:58

People have been copying me for three years. Unless I legally protect my design there is nothing I can do. I have hired an attorney to protect certain things but a certain way of cutting fabric or cutting the tails I can't do anything about. I used to feel there was plenty of business for everyone but it seems like every 12 yr old is starting a bow business.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies