ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 09-20-2013, 04:23

Default Using glitter vinyl AS the ribbon?

I saw some bows online that looked liked glitter fabric? or just actual glitter heat press vinyl used AS the ribbon? But, they had words and logos then printed on it as well... I'm thinking the person is actually cutting the glitter vinyl and using it as the ribbon. My question then is, can you then heat press onto another piece of heat press?

I didn't want to waste my glitter that I had left and I can't order another lot for a month

Anyone experiment with this?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:34
Administrator

Default Re: Using glitter vinyl AS the ribbon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiibelle View Post
I saw some bows online that looked liked glitter fabric? or just actual glitter heat press vinyl used AS the ribbon? But, they had words and logos then printed on it as well... I'm thinking the person is actually cutting the glitter vinyl and using it as the ribbon. My question then is, can you then heat press onto another piece of heat press?

I didn't want to waste my glitter that I had left and I can't order another lot for a month

Hi,

We have this new glitter ribbon: http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...h=126_287_1255

These are glitters on thin fabric and we have them cut to 3" or 2.25" wide. I believe they can be heat pressed to ribbon or fabric. If you want a swatch to do a test, you can put the sample item in shopping cart with your order: Sparkle Ribbon Samples.

Thanks

Michelle
Old 09-23-2013, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiibelle View Post

No you can't. I will stick for a little while but it will start to peal shortly after. You have to use the glitter fabric, then you can do cut outs of the glitter vinyl and press it onto the glitter fabric.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:39

I believe the fabric you are looking for is called Cracked Ice. You can find it at Spandex world or somewhere like that. ☺
Old 09-23-2013, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaydawson31 View Post
I believe the fabric you are looking for is called Cracked Ice. You can find it at Spandex world or somewhere like that. ☺
Yes, that is the fabric. they have some off colors for $35/yard, but most of it is $40.00. with getting an average of 24 bows/yard it works out to be about $1.66 per bow. With the time it takes to create the bow (ironing on the wonder-under, ribbon, etc. pulus ironing just before folding, because it is much better to fold when hot because of the stiffness) I start these bows at $15.00
Old 09-23-2013, 02:47

It is cracked ice fabric, it is pricey, but beautiful. I love the thickness of it as well, gives great shape to the bows!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
It is cracked ice fabric, it is pricey, but beautiful. I love the thickness of it as well, gives great shape to the bows!
Yea, we need a "Like" button.....I really like how the bows turn out as well.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:27

Giving my first shot to the Cracked Ice bows in a couple days. I love the look and am thinking about making mini bows on headbands for my cheerleaders. Anyone have any experience making a smaller bow with it? I use 2 1/4" to make my minis.

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 09-26-2013, 02:32

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate it - I was trying to figure out just how this lady made these things! HA! They look exactly like the heat press vinyl I bought.

I'll have to experiment as soon as I can afford some cracked ice!

The girls have been getting bows from elsewhere and I wanted an edge on something different. Seems like everywhere I go, some one else's "mom" makes cheer bows. *( sigh )* No one does lettering or heat press just yet, but I bet someone will start!

I'm branching off into heat press on the velvet no slip headbands too, seems like no one else does those just yet around here, plus the soccer and volleyball girls seem to like them.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:38

Ok, so as far as this rainbow effect, do you think she used cracked ice in tiny strips and then layered them, or would you think this is heat press?

I'm trying to make a pride ribbon for a friend, and wanted the rainbow to be all glitter. Now, looking at this lady's bows.. I'm thinking it's going to be impossible.
I'm sorry if we are not supposed to post pics from someone else, I'm just in awe of all this glitter! I wanted to try my hand at it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2013-09-26 at 2.35.01 PM.jpg (19.8 KB, 137 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg