5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:57

Default Floppy Bows

Do you guys put something on your plain grosgrain bows to make them not floppy? There are some things I want to just do a plain simple grosgrain bow with a logo or name, etc. on it but I hate the look of the bow not holding it's shape and staying up. I thought about starching it but wasn't sure if it would last or not. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 10:55

Default Re: Floppy Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysha12 View Post
Do you guys put something on your plain grosgrain bows to make them not floppy? There are some things I want to just do a plain simple grosgrain bow with a logo or name, etc. on it but I hate the look of the bow not holding it's shape and staying up. I thought about starching it but wasn't sure if it would last or not. Thoughts?
I know they are quite a few people that use hair spray, I personally have never tried it. I form my bows then put them in the over for a few minutes and they stay that way even if they get wet.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:46

I bought some Stiffen Quik and it works great! I don't know how well it holds up yet.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:20

I use Stay-Flo on all my boutique bows. I spray them down good then bake then in a 220 oven for 20 minutes. Then if I still don't think they are stiff enough, I spray them again and let them dry. All of this BEFORE gluing or putting on the clip.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:53

I guess I am in the minority, but I don't do anything to my bows. Maybe it is the way I fold them, but they stand up really straight and don't flop at all. My daughter has hers on her backpack and it is still perky.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyH View Post
I use Stay-Flo on all my boutique bows. I spray them down good then bake then in a 220 oven for 20 minutes. Then if I still don't think they are stiff enough, I spray them again and let them dry. All of this BEFORE gluing or putting on the clip.

I use Sta-Flo also. I don't dilute it either. Sometimes I bake and sometimes I just let them air dry. Depends on quick I need them

I have used the Stiffen-Quik and it really does make things very stiff, I had some issues with it changing the colors of some of the ribbon.

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....
http://confessionsofapinner.blogspot.com/

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Old 08-14-2013, 04:52

Thanks everyone for all your answers. This is the BEST way I've been learning stuff since I joined. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links