http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 07-30-2013, 02:23

Default Best Heat Press for Cheer Bow Maker?

Hi! I am looking to buy a heat press but I have no idea where to even start! I was wondering what is the best heat press for fusing fabric and grosgrain together with Heat N Bond? I would also use it for rhinestone transfers! I also have a question about Heat N Bond... What do you bow makers use, lite or ultra? I've also heard about Wonder Under? Which is better? Thanks!!

P.S. I'm new to this I hope I'm posting in the right place lol
Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2013, 02:34

Default Re: Best Heat Press for Cheer Bow Maker?

Hi, I personally use wonder under and I love it. I do not recommend using the heat press to apply the wonder under/ heat N bond as it will do it unevenly as well as completely melt the fusing so it will peal later and/or not stick at all.
The heat press is great for applying rhinestones/vinyl; however, if you are using it just for bows, you do not need anything fancy......just something that will show the temp and time....I would look at amazon or ProWorld.com
Good luck!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerstones View Post
Hi, I personally use wonder under and I love it. I do not recommend using the heat press to apply the wonder under/ heat N bond as it will do it unevenly as well as completely melt the fusing so it will peal later and/or not stick at all.
The heat press is great for applying rhinestones/vinyl; however, if you are using it just for bows, you do not need anything fancy......just something that will show the temp and time....I would look at amazon or ProWorld.com
Good luck!
Thanks so much! I am looking at heat presses and I am having a hard time finding one that is 300$ or less... Is that too cheap? Thanks again!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakenahK View Post
Hi! I am looking to buy a heat press but I have no idea where to even start! I was wondering what is the best heat press for fusing fabric and grosgrain together with Heat N Bond? I would also use it for rhinestone transfers! I also have a question about Heat N Bond... What do you bow makers use, lite or ultra? I've also heard about Wonder Under? Which is better? Thanks!!

P.S. I'm new to this I hope I'm posting in the right place lol

I purchased mine from sunie.com and its worked great I think it was like $270-ish and free shipping. I also did a lot of reseach before i purchased it and a lot of people in the tshirt industry said it was the very first heat press they started with. Even after they had upgraded to newer more fancy heatpress they still had their sunie as a back up. hope that helps
Old 08-08-2013, 01:47

Thanks
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies

Tags
cheer bows, heat press, help me