http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 07-15-2013, 10:29

Default bulk and cut size

Hey girls....hope everyone is staying cool...super hot here ok kind of silly question....i have a large order of bows for a pop warner team...close to 175 bows... i need to buy the white grosgrain in bulk so i can sace some money...any suggestions...it needs to he 3 inch...i usually cut my lenght at approx 28 and go from there....do u think i can go a lotrle smaller to get more use of the ribbon????? Thanks
Oh yeah i prefer my ribbbon to be stiffer.......and has anyone heard or ourchased from ribbon smart?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 07-16-2013, 01:21

Default Re: bulk and cut size

I get 50 yard spools from Amazon with Amazon Prime it's free 2 day shipping. I think the o e I bought last week was just under $30. I have heard of Ribbon Smart. From my understanding the lady who used to own/make Yella Bows now owns/runs it. I priced a million places for the 3" ribbon and in the end Amazon was best and you can't beat having it in-hand in 2 days I'm sure pricing changes with time but this I speak of is as of last week. Best Wishes
Old 07-16-2013, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
Hey girls....hope everyone is staying cool...super hot here ok kind of silly question....i have a large order of bows for a pop warner team...close to 175 bows... i need to buy the white grosgrain in bulk so i can sace some money...any suggestions...it needs to he 3 inch...i usually cut my lenght at approx 28 and go from there....do u think i can go a lotrle smaller to get more use of the ribbon????? Thanks
Oh yeah i prefer my ribbbon to be stiffer.......and has anyone heard or ourchased from ribbon smart?
I have purchased ribbon from RABOM (20% off thru today), wholesaleribboncarnival.com (super fast shipping), and also teapartyribbons.com (100 yds 3" about $57). Either way, all are comparable. Shipping is usually about $10. If you can get free ship through Amazon, it may be beneficial to go that route.

Most ribbon you purchase from any of these sites will be Schiff or Offray. I don't think it really matters which one. They're both about the same.

I cut my ribbon length to 30" for most bows I make unless for a younger team. Younger girls (8 and under), I cut my ribbon at 28".

Good luck and congrats on the order!

Ann

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 07-16-2013, 07:01

I cut my ribbon the same length regardless if I am making one or 100 bows. I calculate the cost of my bows based on the standard measurement. There are only two or three manufacturers of 3" ribbon, so buy from whomever is cheapest at the moment, it's all coming from the same mill!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:31

I Love Nancy from Ribbon Smart! She is great to work with and has fast shipping! She also has sales every tuesday which are great

Find me on facebook at Pia Bows
Old 07-17-2013, 11:30

Thanks ladies...i found a local shop today that i totalky didnt know about i got 50 yards for like 29 and change.... now i need to decide how long i want to cut them....i know someone said 30 but i jave never gone that long...im thinking keeping them at at 27/28... am j super lazy if I have ribbon smart cut my fabric strips lol hate that part such a pain in the beep lol
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg