5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 07-01-2013, 07:34

Default Help cutting spandex with Silhouette

I am new to making cheer bows for my kiddos. I have a cricut and tried cutting letters out of it over and over without luck. I finally bought a silhouette, but it behaves the same way. Can anyone provide instructions for cutting spanex? I cannot find any info on it, and when I try cutting a name it does not cut through the fabric
Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2013, 08:52

Default Re: Help cutting spandex with Silhouette

I sorry I cannot help with this one. I use my silhouette for vinyl. Perhaps another one of these fine ladies can help. Good luck!

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 07-01-2013, 09:38

Thanks for the info. I have seen several folks say they use it for spandex, and my girls have several bows that appear to have spandex lettering. I just made a big investment, and am feeling a bit let down. Perhaps I will try the vinyl route.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:34

Most of the bows I've seen are vinyl lettering/design over spandex material. I have heard that you can cut spandex with the silhouette, but you need to adhere heat n bond to the spandex first. Have you tried that? I have never done it, sorry I can't be of more help!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:32

Yes, you need to bond the fabric to a sheet of heat and bond, also, you need the fabric cutting blade (which is really a regular blade just only use it with fabric and not paper)

Try a blade length of 4-5-6 depending on your fabric thickness same on the depth

Cutting speed of 3

Do not double cut--it will fray the fabric

Be sure you are using a new or nearly new mat--I've been disappointed in mine, or spray removable adhesive on the back of your fabric to be sure you get a good stick.

Can't promise these settings will work--depends on fabric thickness, heat and bond type, etc. just play around. It will work.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:37

I'm trying to do this same thing but using a deep cut blade on my cricut expressions 2. I've got heat n bond on the spandex, but having horrible results. It's just stretching and tearing.

I'll be using glitter heat vinyl, but I'd also like to use spandex or glitter lycra to match a few designs in these bows.

Let me know if you find a setting that works well. I've played around with mine all night and it's just a hot mess.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:48

I prefer Vinyl for lettering on the Bows but if you use the Fabric Blade it works for the lettering but use it exclusively for fabric. Good Luck. I don't have the patience for it!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCheerBows View Post
I prefer Vinyl for lettering on the Bows but if you use the Fabric Blade it works for the lettering but use it exclusively for fabric. Good Luck. I don't have the patience for it!
The fabric blade and the normal blade are the same exact blad, they just have a different color housing on theme so consumers can distinguish between the 2. I buy the normal blades and paint my fabric blade with nail polish..its cheaper.

Find me on facebook at Pia Bows
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies