http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 06-17-2013, 04:32

Default HELP! Pleaseee

I have been making cheer bows for some time now. but recently i have had a problem with my heat n bond. I dont know if i am "over" ironing the fabric or what.
Heres the problem...

I am ironing the heat n bond to my ribbon then ironing the ribbon to the sequins spandex or mystique spandex, that always worked for me...

Then recently I have been adding designs and logos with heat transfer vinyl. That is when the problem started... when I iron the logo or word to the spandex the fabric completely starts coming off the grosgrain ribbon!?

Am I doing somehting wrong?? and feedback or suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 05:50

Default Re: HELP! Pleaseee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellydonut38 View Post
I have been making cheer bows for some time now. but recently i have had a problem with my heat n bond. I dont know if i am "over" ironing the fabric or what.
Heres the problem...

I am ironing the heat n bond to my ribbon then ironing the ribbon to the sequins spandex or mystique spandex, that always worked for me...

Then recently I have been adding designs and logos with heat transfer vinyl. That is when the problem started... when I iron the logo or word to the spandex the fabric completely starts coming off the grosgrain ribbon!?

I had experienced the same problem. I learned not to iron down the fabric as much. The fabric and ribbon are separating because it being over heated.

Another tip, I have used the Pellon Wunder Under. I have had no issues at all. It's more of a web than a glue if that makes sense.

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 06-17-2013, 08:42

When I was using the heat n bond I had an issue with over heating the fabric. I then switched over to the wunder under and I don't seem to have a problem. One piece of advice: Whenever I am doing a double process with the heat press I always make sure to let the material totally cool before I pull the backing of rhinestones or heat transfers over. The only time it does not matter if you wait is the Glitter Sparkle vinyl...that is a hot peel. The other stuff is primarily a cold peel. Hope that helps.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:51

OMG thanks ladies that really does help... About that Pellon I've never seen that do u know where I could find it. Like would michaels or hobby lobby have it??
Old 06-18-2013, 04:58

For the Wonder Under do you use the regular or the heavy-duty? Is there a difference - is it like Heat n Bond lite vs ultra? Is it pretty much the same use and feel as Heat n Bond but doesn't come apart? I've been feeling like mine are getting too thick / stiff after the heat press

Last edited by cinnamonsugar; 06-18-2013 at 05:00.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:18

Good Morning ladies, I have only ever used wonder under and no issues. I usually get mine at Joanns
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50

I just use the regular wunder under and I got to Hobby Lobby where I normally have a 40% off coupon and I normally can get the whole bolt for about $35 bucks which is great.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:37

Ladies, you all may wish to check Walmart.com for the Pellon. I got a heck of a deal on it!

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 06-19-2013, 12:06

OK I got the Pellon Wonder Under. Cant wait to try it out tonite
Old 06-24-2013, 02:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellydonut38 View Post
Heres the problem...

I had the same problem and switched to wonder under. Mainly becuase Joanns in my area stopped carring the Heat and Bond Bolts. I love Wonder Under and use the reg, not heavy duty!
Sponsored Links