Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 04-05-2013, 09:01
Default tips on cutting

Hey ladies hope everyone is well I have a question im curious to see the different methods of cutting, I cut all my fabric with a rotary, on occasion Im a bit off when I cut my 3 inch strips ;( any tips or methods does anyone find to be helpful?
"All little girls should be told they are beautiful"
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 06:14
Default Re: tips on cutting

I would know the same thing. It's hard to get such a straight cut. When layering your fabric on your ribbon do you go all the way to the edge of the ribbon or leave a little ribbon showing. There was a bow person at a competition I vendored at this past weekend and her bows were so good. She had one that had a furry layer on it. Not sure if it was a fabric or a type of ribbon. Bought it for my daughter just because it was so cool. I don't do too many bows, still trying to get them better.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35
Default Re: tips on cutting

There is a quilting ruler that has a lip at the end of it so that the lip part lies flush against the edge of the cutting mat and it helps to hold the ruler in place so that it doesn't shift like a regular ruler does when using the rotary cutter against it. Another trick I use when cutting out fabric is to clip one end of my (metal) yardstick to the cutting board with a clothes pin or two (kind of at an angle) to hold that end that is furthest from me in place and making it easier to hold the ruler down and still.
Hope this helped!
As far as doing the fabric and ribbon, I do not make cheer bows, so I have know idea how it is done.
Sponsored Links