Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 03-06-2013, 11:16

Default Ask me anything...

Hey y'all. It's Nancy from Yella Ribbon. I see there are a couple threads about my decision to retire from making cheer bows. I have been a member here for a while but never make it over to look. I was searching ribbon smart on google and came upon a thread tonight.

If you have questions for me about why I made the move or about how to make bows (or about anything really) I would be happy to answer them. I think I get notifications. I will try to set it up so that I do. I will check back. It's late here. Been working on the web site all day. I'm tired.

The yellaribbon site is still showing up. I'm trying to figure out how to take that out. If anyone can offer any instruction I would appreciate it.

Last edited by yellaribbon; 03-06-2013 at 11:17. Reason: web site in signature
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 04:08

Default Re: Ask me anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaribbon View Post
about how to make bows (or about anything really) I would be happy to answer them. .
Tell me EVERYTHING!!!! *lol* Just kidding...although..I'd bet you are a wealth of information! Sure looks like your talents will be missed!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04

Quote:
Hey y'all. It's Nancy from Yella Ribbon. I see there are a couple threads about my decision to retire from making cheer bows. I have been a member here for a while but never make it over to look. I was searching ribbon smart on google and came upon a thread tonight.

If you have questions for me about why I made the move or about how to make bows (or about anything really) I would be happy to answer them. I think I get notifications. I will try to set it up so that I do. I will check back. It's late here. Been working on the web site all day. I'm tired.

The yellaribbon site is still showing up. I'm trying to figure out how to take that out. If anyone can offer any instruction I would appreciate it.
If you go to where you registered your website (whatever company you used to register your url) you can have it automatically forward yellaribbon.com right to the new ribbon smart website.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
If you go to where you registered your website (whatever company you used to register your url) you can have it automatically forward yellaribbon.com right to the new ribbon smart website.
I have forwarded it but I think it has to be not hosted anywhere. I will ask my web guy about it. Thanks!

People have asked about whether I will be selling any of our equipment. I guess there are some things I don't need any more. I have a air swinger heat press I won't need. It takes up a lot of space so I would like to sell that. I won't really use the silhouette vinyl cutter anymore either. And I have two CAMS rhinestone setter machines. Really probably only need one. I also have 3 web cutters that I won't use at all. If you are interested or know someone who might be you can email me at [email protected].
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26

I just want to say good luck with your new direction and I still think Yella Ribbon was one of the most creative cheer bow company names I have ever heard

Cindy
Old 03-09-2013, 05:34

Quote:

I would be interested to know why you decided to change your direction if its not personal - you are so successful. There are a lot more bow makers now, but Yella is well known. Just curious.
And on another note, did you use a machine to heat seal your ends because I would be interested in buying one. Its the one thing that bugs me. A woodburning tool can not get them that perfect with multiple layers, I have tried.
I'm sad you wont be making bows, I always admired them, but good luck in the ribbon sales!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:50

There are a lot of reasons I made the decision to stop making bows. I guess the main one is that there are so many people doing it now and charging a lot less than I can I feel like I can't compete any longer. Customers don't seem to value quality any more. They want the least expensive bow no matter what. For several years I could market based on quality and you get what you pay for. It doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

Don't get me wrong. We had a great year last year. Sales were up from the year before. I think the TV show Cheer helped sales a lot. But I do think I can usually see the wave of the future. I feel like I rode this wave as far as it was going to carry me before I started going downhill. So it's time to jump on another wave! That's pretty much how I see business anyway. Always have. I have owned a cheer gym, a cake business, a ribbon business before Yella, a cheer bow business, and now Ribbon Smart.

I do v cuts with a web cutter. You can purchase them from NovaTech. The guy's name is Mike Flint. He is in Burlington NC. I think he has a web site. I had three but I sold two. And I will be keeping one just in case I need to make a bow.

Thanks for your question. It's nice to be able to tell my own story instead of having others guess.

Oh the youtube videos. I'm not "messing with other bow companies". I saw that somewhere. I'm making money monetizing videos that people will watch. And if I'm selling to people who make bows, why wouldn't I teach them what I know?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:53

Quote:
I do v cuts with a web cutter. You can purchase them from NovaTech. The guy's name is Mike Flint. He is in Burlington NC.
www.thewebcutter.com -- which model do you have? (you said ask anything...)
Old 03-11-2013, 10:22

How much would you want for your silloutte?

I have a cricut but I want somthing bigger... NOT for cheer bows, but to make person things for my house, decorating... that type of thing.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dede View Post
www.thewebcutter.com -- which model do you have? (you said ask anything...)
I don't remember. I would have to go to the shop and look at it. It's been so long since I ordered it I can't remember what the number is.