New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:27

Default Re: Ask me anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaribbon View Post
There are a lot of reasons I made the decision to stop making bows. I guess the main one is that there are so many people doing it now and charging a lot less than I can I feel like I can't compete any longer. Customers don't seem to value quality any more. They want the least expensive bow no matter what. For several years I could market based on quality and you get what you pay for. It doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

Don't get me wrong. We had a great year last year. Sales were up from the year before. I think the TV show Cheer helped sales a lot. But I do think I can usually see the wave of the future. I feel like I rode this wave as far as it was going to carry me before I started going downhill. So it's time to jump on another wave! That's pretty much how I see business anyway. Always have. I have owned a cheer gym, a cake business, a ribbon business before Yella, a cheer bow business, and now Ribbon Smart.

I do v cuts with a web cutter. You can purchase them from NovaTech. The guy's name is Mike Flint. He is in Burlington NC. I think he has a web site. I had three but I sold two. And I will be keeping one just in case I need to make a bow.

Thanks for your question. It's nice to be able to tell my own story instead of having others guess.

Oh the youtube videos. I'm not "messing with other bow companies". I saw that somewhere. I'm making money monetizing videos that people will watch. And if I'm selling to people who make bows, why wouldn't I teach them what I know?
Thank you for sharing your story & the helpful hints. I think the quality of your bows is going to be missed. As for the videos, if you were not the first- then you were one of the first to make bows this way - so I see nothing wrong with sharing how you do it.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-12-2013, 05:16

I have my own bow business and I have still always admired your bows as the best in the business. Every single one looks uniform and perfect. Your bows will definitely be missed.
I have also been a little discouraged with all the new bow makers now. When I started, there were not many others around and I felt like I was filling a need. Now even kids are running their own little businesses and it's like anyone can do it, makes me feel a little less awesome LOL
So I will be buying some supplies from your site and hoping I get enough business to stick around.
Good luck to you in this new venture!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:34

Wait there is a machine that cuts strips oh my what am i missing lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaribbon View Post
There are a lot of reasons I made the decision to stop making bows. I guess the main one is that there are so many people doing it now and charging a lot less than I can I feel like I can't compete any longer. Customers don't seem to value quality any more. They want the least expensive bow no matter what. For several years I could market based on quality and you get what you pay for. It doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

Don't get me wrong. We had a great year last year. Sales were up from the year before. I think the TV show Cheer helped sales a lot. But I do think I can usually see the wave of the future. I feel like I rode this wave as far as it was going to carry me before I started going downhill. So it's time to jump on another wave! That's pretty much how I see business anyway. Always have. I have owned a cheer gym, a cake business, a ribbon business before Yella, a cheer bow business, and now Ribbon Smart.

I do v cuts with a web cutter. You can purchase them from NovaTech. The guy's name is Mike Flint. He is in Burlington NC. I think he has a web site. I had three but I sold two. And I will be keeping one just in case I need to make a bow.

Thanks for your question. It's nice to be able to tell my own story instead of having others guess.

Oh the youtube videos. I'm not "messing with other bow companies". I saw that somewhere. I'm making money monetizing videos that people will watch. And if I'm selling to people who make bows, why wouldn't I teach them what I know?
Old 03-29-2013, 04:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
Wait there is a machine that cuts strips oh my what am i missing lol
It just cuts the V on the ends
Old 03-29-2013, 09:52

Since you offered...how do you attach rhinestone logos (hotfix) on top of confetti fabric on top of ribbon without the glue from the heat n bond lite totally disintegrating? Thank you!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.