http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 03-04-2013, 12:54

Default helpppp with vinyl

Hoping someone can answer this question, im ordering glitter flex vinyl today from heattransferwarehouse.com the ladybi spoke to said that its hard to get other vinyl to stick to it because of the texture, i wantbto be able to make bow out of glitter vinyl then add team with non glitter vinyl or material does this make sense lol ill attach a pic of one i bought
Any advice appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 04:37

Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

It is not as complicated with one color. cut out the design directly on the strip you created......so first cut your vinyl stirp 3" by however long you need it to be, then mark where you want you desig to go, and cut it out directly on your strip. This will leave a "design hole" in your strip. Now take your ribbon (material backing) and iron/spray them together. Your design should now be in the color of your ribbon backing.....hope this information is helpful.....
Old 03-04-2013, 10:26

Thanks Shayna,
I got that part but lets say i want to then vut out the word flyer and put that over the glitter vinyl i attached to the ribbon, they told me today its hard to get non glitter vinyl to stick to the glitter vinyl uggg am.i making sense lol
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31

Yes that is correct, anything you try to put on the actual glitter except rhinestones will not adhere properly. you however can do the reverse, use the flux vinly as your base and then adhere the glitter to it. that will work perfectly because the flux is like a fabric type material. You also can not adhere rhinestones to regular vilyl either, they will fall off, it will only stick to the glitter vinly and flux.....Good Luck!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:30

I googled a random glitter cheer bow and found this so I could show u this is glitter vinyl with glitter on top ugggg so confused lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.1 KB, 153 views)
Old 03-05-2013, 03:39

The material may not be vinyl, it may be the glitter fabric. there is a difference between the two. If they are able to do it, Im all for giving something a try and then do some testing to see how it holds up. I've done many things I was told will not work and they work just fine for me.....So try it and see.....now I am curious. I make my bows out of the glitter fabric, so I can basically add anything to it. I usually only use the glitter vinyl to personalize and decorate the bows which works out great. I have not tried using the actual glitter vinyl to make a bow. I will give it a try and see how it goes....I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:58

You really just need to read the specs of the vinyl that you are using, it will tell you if it can be layered or not. I will say that we were at a recent competition and a vendor was selling bows similar to the one that you have pictured, and two of my daughter's teammates bought them. Well three weeks later, sure enough the lettering is peeling off (so is the glitter from the ribbon, but that is another story) LOL. Don't know if that is from the same vendor or not.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:59

I'm new to the vinyl so not sure I've only done my bows the old school way, I wanted to try this as the vinyl is so much less and the only glitter fabric I found was the cracked ice and was wicked expensive so we shall see, which glitter fabric do you use ?
Tina
Old 03-07-2013, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
I'm new to the vinyl so not sure I've only done my bows the old school way, I wanted to try this as the vinyl is so much less and the only glitter fabric I found was the cracked ice and was wicked expensive so we shall see, which glitter fabric do you use ?
Tina
that is the one "cracked ice" it averages $40/yard....there is another fabric called cracked ice that is between 10-$15/yard.....it is not the glitter fabric. The glitter fabric will cost a minimum of $35 for certain colors, but most of it cost $40 and it is hard to find. but it is wonderful and I love working with it. I will try to post some pictures later of some of the bows I've done with it.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:51

I got it and it is not a huge picture. But this is the glitter fabric (cracked ice $40/yard) with glitter vinly cutouts. I have done dozens of these type bows and so far I have not had any issues and the girls love them.

Sponsored Links