new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:41
trg2577's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 252
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Thanks ladies....last question where do I get the cracked ice fabric that is 15 opposed to 40 ?
__________________
"All little girls should be told they are beautiful"
Marilyn
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2013, 10:54
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 93
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerstones View Post
I got it and it is not a huge picture. But this is the glitter fabric (cracked ice $40/yard) with glitter vinly cutouts. I have done dozens of these type bows and so far I have not had any issues and the girls love them.

Is this the cracked ice that spandex house carries for $35 /yd. How do you adhere it to the ribbon? glue or heat n bond/wonderunder? I thinking of ordering some to try... seems liek it would be cheeper than ordering the glitter vinly to cover a bow?
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2013, 12:42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 29
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelt View Post
Is this the cracked ice that spandex house carries for $35 /yd. How do you adhere it to the ribbon? glue or heat n bond/wonderunder? I thinking of ordering some to try... seems liek it would be cheeper than ordering the glitter vinly to cover a bow?
The cracked ice from spandex house is a very thick/stiff material - it doesnt need a backing - just cut to 3" and fold.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2013, 08:29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 256
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach4gold View Post
The cracked ice from spandex house is a very thick/stiff material - it doesnt need a backing - just cut to 3" and fold.
Need - no it does not "need" a backing, however, if you want a professional looking finish, you should use a ribbon backing. There are a few 2-3 colors that is on actual white spandex that you may be able to get away with no backing, however the majority of other colors has a grey/black cotton type packing (like canvas) and it is ugly, I would definitely recommend using a ribbon backing. I also found that if you only use one color.....I personally like the black, you can use different color ribbon backing and it looks great!
good luck!
__________________
Shayne
www.cheerstones.net
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 163
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerstones View Post
Need - no it does not "need" a backing, however, if you want a professional looking finish, you should use a ribbon backing. There are a few 2-3 colors that is on actual white spandex that you may be able to get away with no backing, however the majority of other colors has a grey/black cotton type packing (like canvas) and it is ugly, I would definitely recommend using a ribbon backing. I also found that if you only use one color.....I personally like the black, you can use different color ribbon backing and it looks great!
good luck!

I agree I would never sell a bow with no ribbon backing.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2013, 12:29
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 93
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerstones View Post
I got it and it is not a huge picture. But this is the glitter fabric (cracked ice $40/yard) with glitter vinly cutouts. I have done dozens of these type bows and so far I have not had any issues and the girls love them.

How do you adhere the cracked ice to the ribbon? Glue or heat n bond/wonder under? I am considering ordering some any help would be great. I love the gltter vinyl as I just have to press it no glue/fusing but would like to be able to layer...
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2013, 01:14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 256
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelt View Post
How do you adhere the cracked ice to the ribbon? Glue or heat n bond/wonder under? I am considering ordering some any help would be great. I love the gltter vinyl as I just have to press it no glue/fusing but would like to be able to layer...
I use wonder-under. No matter what the fabric I am using, I always use a ribbon backing.....The bows are very stiff and you have to fold them warm, but the end result is fantastic. Some squads love the stiffness of the bow and some are just not used to bow being so stiff. But because they look so sparkly especially under the light and is still cheaper than fully covered rhinestones, I find that a lot of teams opt for them.
Hope this information is helpful. Good luck!
__________________
Shayne
www.cheerstones.net
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-16-2013, 10:26
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 93
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerstones View Post
I use wonder-under. No matter what the fabric I am using, I always use a ribbon backing.....The bows are very stiff and you have to fold them warm, but the end result is fantastic. Some squads love the stiffness of the bow and some are just not used to bow being so stiff. But because they look so sparkly especially under the light and is still cheaper than fully covered rhinestones, I find that a lot of teams opt for them.
Hope this information is helpful. Good luck!
It is thanks! How much stiffer is it than using glitter vinyl (like the stuff from speciality graphics if you have used that?) I am trying to deicide what route I want to go.. I guess I will give it a try!

Thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2013, 06:52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 256
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelt View Post
It is thanks! How much stiffer is it than using glitter vinyl (like the stuff from speciality graphics if you have used that?) I am trying to deicide what route I want to go.. I guess I will give it a try!

Thanks again
Hi, it is a little stiffer than using the glitter vinyl. however, I believe the cost per bow is a bit more reasonable with the glitter fabric vs the glitter vinyl
__________________
Shayne
www.cheerstones.net
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2013, 11:43
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1
Default Re: helpppp with vinyl

This is the easiest way to avoid further heat causing your vinyl project not as good to expect. Give it to try with the proper glue. Using a soft bristled brush to the surface of your vinyl. While the glue is wet, sprinkle generously with glitter to cover the adhesive. Let the piece dry and gently dust off any remaining loose glitter with the brush.
__________________
Cheap rhinestones
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger