http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:57

Default Yella Ribbon Tutorials

Just posting a heads up if anyone is interested, Yella Ribbon has starting making tutorials on cheer bow making on you tube, just checked them out.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2013, 01:37

Default Re: Yella Ribbon Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysha12 View Post
Just posting a heads up if anyone is interested, Yella Ribbon has starting making tutorials on cheer bow making on you tube, just checked them out.
I have watched their videos. Those ladies sure make it look a lot easier than what I have found it to be. I've been making cheer bows for quite a few years now.

The way that one woman spreads the mystique fabric down over the ribbon once the glue has been laid on???...LOL!!! Not on my best day.

I cannot say I wasn't intrigued by their use of regular Fabri-Tac vs. Heat N Bond. I will have to try that one once bow season is over. Until then, I will continue to use my trusty old Heat N Bond.

Ann

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58

I know, definitely not as easy as it seems from watching them! My daughter just started cheering this year & their organization only orders from them, I was shocked when the bows came to see they didn't use heatnbond, but wasn't sure what glue they were actually using. Can't wait to try the Fabri Tac though, I think it will cut down on time for sure.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:16

Not trying to criticize anyone's product but I will tell you I have had two teams bring me their entire team's bows to repair that were bought from 2 very well know bow companies: both of whom used some type of fabric glue to hold the fabric to the ribbon & both teams had nearly every bow with fabric peeling off after less than a month. I pretty much had to remake their bows...the plus side is that I gained two new teams as customers!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:40

I was also highly intrigued with the Fabri-Tac. I think I would probably be more inclined to stick with Heat N Bond, as much as it can be a pain. Just my thoughts. I wondered if that would come up over here
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51

Quote:
I live right down the road from the Yella Ribbon shop and I am friends with them, but have not talked to them in awhile. Are they closing down? Or why are they sharing their secrets with everyone??
Old 01-19-2013, 01:07

I'm not sure exactly what the motive behind it is. They are also now selling "Do it yourself" bow kits on their page that comes with all of the materials you need to make a bow, including the rhinestone transfers. I thought it was a little strange myself.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:26

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what the motive behind it is. They are also now selling "Do it yourself" bow kits on their page that comes with all of the materials you need to make a bow, including the rhinestone transfers. I thought it was a little strange myself.
A lot of bow makers are quite pissed off she is doing this. I feel better knowing that I am making my bows better. I will never use glue.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:09

I have to agree with all of the above. My daughter cheered at a competitive gym last year that had their bows and I ended up taking my daughters apart and putting it back together with heat n bond so it would stand up better. I have never used glue and probably never will for fear of losing customers. These bows go through hell with cheerleaders (and some parents) and I don't want people coming back to me saying I make crap. lol Not happy about the videos either

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Last edited by missy545; 03-07-2013 at 01:44.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheergrl445 View Post
But, that only makes me want to better my products and produce the best products I can for my customers!
I would just like to mention that I fangirl over your Instagram account on a regular basis. Just so you know

I think they've gotten so big that they've started cutting corners to keep up with the demand. The PROBLEM with that, is that now the bows are crappy quality. I think that now that people can see how they make them, it'll drive them to smaller makers, who make with better quality. Just what I think.