http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 12-31-2012, 09:29

Default Bow Shape

Hi Everyone,
Im new to this and was wondering what tips you have for getting that perfect bow shape. Im wanting my loops to kind of stand up with the space in between the two loops at the top being small. Help!!
Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2012, 07:27

Default Re: Bow Shape

Best advice is just to practice until you get the shape you want.

Pampered Princess
Looking for wholesale felties? Check out my page! Lots to choose from.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:12

Is there a reason why no one ever answers this question? I noticed the question on here earlier as well as other forums, because I wanted to know how to do it as well, and no one ever answers the question.....Is it supposed to be a secret?
I am a fashion designer by trade, so some things I pick up quite easily. So I actually sat here tonight and figured it out. But before I answer the question, I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with answering.....I'm new!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:05

I don't think its a secret... I think everyone just has their own way. I was just curious as to whether there was a simple way short of fidgeting with bows to try and get the right shape.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer gurl View Post
I don't think its a secret... I think everyone just has their own way. I was just curious as to whether there was a simple way short of fidgeting with bows to try and get the right shape.
It is kinda like being a chef, many of us know the same recipes but we have our own tricks. So you are looking for the bows to 'stand up ' more? For me as a bow maker and a coach alot of that depends on how the person wearing it places it on their head. Mean how high up the pony is. How small of a center are you looking to have? That might help me out with answering further. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerstones View Post
Is there a reason why no one ever answers this question? I noticed the question on here earlier as well as other forums, because I wanted to know how to do it as well, and no one ever answers the question.....Is it supposed to be a secret?
I am a fashion designer by trade, so some things I pick up quite easily. So I actually sat here tonight and figured it out. But before I answer the question, I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with answering.....I'm new!
Well the traffic on this page is not very heavy so that might have something to do with it , also, the poster posted this question during the holidays and so many people are not on here right now.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54

Hi,
I'm not looking for the whole bow to actually stand up but for for the loops to be more upright. If you were to lay the bow down flat I want the space inbetween the two loops at the tops to be small. I generally use a 1/4" center.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31

I bake my bows after shaping them so my loops stay perked up but that's a smaller space than I use in the center... kinda one of those ask 5 people and find 5 different answer questions I think. I know they're more "floppy" and harder to perk if I leave too much bow in the loop so that could be part of it too.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03

I tend to assemble my bows the old school way. I make my marks with a pen according to the NBNG instructions and tie them tightly with embroidery thread. I am sure there are plenty of fine ladies on this board that tie their bows all different ways. That is the way it works for me to make my loops stand up.

I personally think it's in how you pinch the front and back together and how tightly you tie them. Just my opinion.

Good luck!

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
I tend to assemble my bows the old school way. I make my marks with a pen according to the NBNG instructions and tie them tightly with embroidery thread. I am sure there are plenty of fine ladies on this board that tie their bows all different ways. That is the way it works for me to make my loops stand up.

I personally think it's in how you pinch the front and back together and how tightly you tie them. Just my opinion.

Good luck!
What is NBNG instructions? I too also use thread to tie the middles
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg