Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:07

Default Re: Which Heat N' Bond to use?

I think she means cover the ribbon with fabric. If you are making cheerbows, many refer to it as fabric ribbon
I never used HNB I use wonderunder, I have used it for over 20 years and it is the only thing I use to cover my ribbons. I understand it works just like HNB, but I have never tried it. Pellon wonderunder works well and I have not had any pealing issues. Good Luck
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-08-2013, 11:31

I must be so confused right now. I use to do this, but there seems to be so much more now involved and trust me I want to know
What do you mean by covering and pealing ? There is more to making cheer bows then just the ribbon its self ? yikes.. All I want to do is make these right.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:50

Yes, there's certainly a lot more than just the ribbon. Here is a picture of one I did for my daughter and the other seniors on her team this year for Nationals in Florida this year. oops, give me a sec, I have to go and find my pic....lol
Old 01-08-2013, 12:52

Old 01-09-2013, 08:24

I understand the cut and all ( which by the way is VERY nice ) though I would like to know your steps ... because this heat n bond thing (or whatever bond people are using) and other glues are killing me ... lol

Old 01-09-2013, 08:32

OK I think I just may have figured it out a little.. The WonderUnder.. that goes between the two different ribbons to seal and hold it together ?

Old 01-09-2013, 09:48

Yes. Wonderunder/HNB works like a double side tape. You iron one side to your ribbon then remove the paper from the other side and iron it to you fabric or other ribbon, cut and bow. Some people use hot glue to put the two layers together. I have never tried it this way but I have seen bows done that way and it is not my preference....but to each his own. Some people also use spray adhesive, so there are a few different options out there. I guess you will use whatever works best for you.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25

I love your keychains! Would you mind sharing what size ribbon you use and their measurements?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:28

I got it I figured it out The Hot glue falls apart .. not doing that. I think the Heat n bond looks good.. looked at the spray and was not a fan of that either. Thank you for the suggestions and help

Old 01-10-2013, 11:58

Hi Robin, thanks! I use 1 1/2" by 12" ribbon and fold like a regular bow. Also for these I use zip ties....makes tying them alot easier. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg