http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:47

Default Tips on sealing the ends (Other than heat sealing)

Hi!

I just wanted to know if any one had any tips on sealing angled ends. I've used fray check (which is visible on light-colored fabrics when in dries) and a quick passes of heat, but I want to be sure the seal holds. Especially on key chains. We all know these bows take a beating during the season so any tips are greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 08-29-2012, 07:37

Default Re: Tips on sealing the ends (Other than heat sealing)

I know you asked for something other than heat sealing but I think that's the best method.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 08-29-2012, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
I know you asked for something other than heat sealing but I think that's the best method.

And it is the fastest method.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11

Interesting thought to see if there's any other way but to be honest I do think heat is the best. I've gone to a woodburner and you can't see any discoloration or indication heat was applied. I don't know if that helps you any. Just have to make sure it's totally hot and to give it a break in-between multiple cuts for a few seconds.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bis4Beauty View Post
Hi!

I just wanted to know if any one had any tips on sealing angled ends. I've used fray check (which is visible on light-colored fabrics when in dries) and a quick passes of heat, but I want to be sure the seal holds. Especially on key chains. We all know these bows take a beating during the season so any tips are greatly appreciated!

Heat sealing is really the only way i do it too. for those who use a woodburner, do you use a guide?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexys View Post
Interesting thought to see if there's any other way but to be honest I do think heat is the best. I've gone to a woodburner and you can't see any discoloration or indication heat was applied. I don't know if that helps you any. Just have to make sure it's totally hot and to give it a break in-between multiple cuts for a few seconds.
Wood burner? Hmm. Where do you purchase that? Local craft store?? Any particular brands you're fond of?

Thanks fr the responses everyone!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:12

You can but make sure it's a high heat one. I got mine in the HG shop for that reason because it's more powerful than the one we've got on hand for regular wood use. I use a metal ruler and just got the NBNG guide and it's pretty nice as well.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bis4Beauty View Post
Wood burner? Hmm. Where do you purchase that? Local craft store?? Any particular brands you're fond of?

Thanks fr the responses everyone!
I am loving my wood burner! I got mine from Wal-Mart and it is my new best friend...well besides my glue gun!

I don't use any guides...I just put it on a cookie sheet and use my ruler to know where to cut. HTH!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:36

I love you guys! I learn so much
Old 08-29-2012, 10:28

OK... so I'm new to this idea of wood burning tools. Can someone explain they're method to me?
Sponsored Links