http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 08-28-2012, 03:46

Default Vexys?

Did you make the deadline? I woke up at 3:00am and was hoping all went well for you last night.

So, care to share anything that you learned? Did the e6000 work? How did you do it with the studs being set on transfer paper. Are you looking for a reasonably priced heat press today ? Fill us in!

Cindy
Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2012, 09:00

Default Re: Vexys?

Hi Cindy!

Yes and no. I made the deadline for the squads that had their money together. I got pictures of them and they really looked cute. The glitter was really catching the low lights at night too so that made the squads happy. Even with the issues I got a lot of compliments and people were happy so in the end it's coming out ok.

For the rest...because apparently "DEADLINE" to some means at the last minute you just have to get an extra because you've only had 2 weeks to get the money in to your squad and haven't done so yet. OR you "forgot" your money again. Or. um. whatever else the reasons were. Oh wow that feels better lol had to mini rant for a second!!

So Guess what I get to do tonight? You guessed it!!! MORE BOWS

The e-6000 isn't working like I had hoped. I was told to apply to the rear of the stones and a thin coat on the ribbon itself and then to cure them out about 10 mins before putting them together. Then after leaving it alone for a bit I was supposed to heat set them and that should have done it. Yeah. Can we say glue run amuck? I had to apologize profusely and thank god everyone was ok with the issues. From a couple feet away they don't look so bad but up close makes me a very angry person.

I'm calling the supplier again in the morning because it's not satisfactory to have such an epic fail on a product. I need more of the same size stones for another order that's due in October and I'm at a loss where to order from now. I went out today and got another iron and I can tell you that's not the issue either. And yes I've got my eye on a heat press lol the hubby says I can have it for Christmas.

Guess that's it in a nutshell from here. I am taking a break right now and will probably start fresh in the morning. I have 25 set to get the transfers fixed on, 2 that need a rescue mission that might be able to be salvaged, 11 that need to get started from the beginning since that's IT for my glitter, and then ugh I think 14 left to be finished out since they're tied. Just hope it's enough. Next time, accurate count at sign up so they get handed out at camp and I don't go through this insanity!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:30

I love my heat press. That, and the cutter I have to do my own templates are my best friends

I have never used heat after the glue but then again the only time I have used non hotfix stones is on leather which I could not iron anyway. I am so glad the heat is off of you for now.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:07

I thought it sounded odd when they said to put the iron on them even with the e-6000 but that was the message I got. I think that's why we've got crystalized glue and glue spreading and being a royal mess. Only used a teeny bit also but no luck. going to just glue the rest and let them sit as long as I can today and hope that does the trick. These were hotfix but I think they should just be called a hot mess.

Otherwise I don't know how to get these to stay put and look halfway decent. I am so angry these look this bad.

Do you have a silhouette? I've been eyeing one hoping that my craft show will do well enough to allow me to get one and my heat press early. And if not at least the cutter lol. I can probably weasel my hubby into an early xmas present since it's a business expense.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:20

Can anyone link me to the heat presses you have or have considered purchasing?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:00

This is the one I'm looking at. Some people go smaller but with my other plans it's the size that best fits me.

http://www.uscutter.com/15-x-15-Clam...v-FLHP3802110V
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02

I have a KNK Zing cutter. I looked at the Silouette but I needed more cutting force to use it with ultrasuede and leather. I buy most of my rhinestones from Rhinestone U because I use them on kids clothing that have to be CPSIA certified. I bought this nifty syringe applicator for the times I have to use glue. You just load it up and dot, dot, dot...lol I can not imagine trying to glue tiny stones like you had. I wonder if they had you apply heat to release the transfer cover sheet. I was wondering if that would pull some of the studs loose when you tried to remove it after gluing them.

Either way unless thay have really, really good prices and great customer service I would maybe look somewhere else. They should have stuck the first time you hit them with the iron OR they should of told you that you needed a heat press. Simple!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:11

This is the one I bought.

http://www.proworldinc.com/heat-tran...pro-15x15.html

Honestly after looking at them for weeks I think that the press itself is probably made in China somewhere and painted different colors (branded) for the different places that sell them. I looked at customer service reviews and length of warranty. There are sooooo many choices and types clamshell, swing away, digital, manual.......
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.