http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 08-10-2012, 06:16

Default Newbie with tons of questions :)

Hi everybody!!!

I am a graduate student and I've been coaching cheerleading for about four years. I recently started making bows for my squad, then eventually my program, and then other local programs. My favorite hobby has turned into a flexible side job that I LOVE. I have purchased DVDs and taken apart my old allstar bows for techniques. There are several designs I am very curious about. I will attach photos but if someone could point in the direction of template links or any designs I can learn, I am ready to learn and share

My main questions are:

How do fix the rhinestones on bows in a random pattern? I assume there's a template involved?

I would LOVE to know how to print the names on bows!!! MY girls love personalized accessories.

Where do you get the 100% glitter fabric??

Any help is greatly appreciated From what I've seen so far, you guys are awesome!

Last edited by Bis4Beauty; 08-10-2012 at 08:11.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-10-2012, 07:16
Super Moderator

Default Re: Newbie with tons of questions :)

from the rules....

"Obey copyright laws. Only upload your own creation or if you have the
copyright permit from the owner. Do not illegally share copyrighted material
with others. Links to images are allowed, as this gives credit to the
copyright holder. "
Old 08-10-2012, 07:51

Welcome! I don't know the answers to any of your questions but I hope you find everything you need from the ladies who do!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:55

wish I could help ya, but I don't do cheer bows. I would think that the personalized ones are probably emboidered by machine. You could always deisign something on your computer, then print it out on transfer paper (iron on paper). Not sure how you line it up on the tails of the bows though!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:02

To apply random rhinestones, I use hotfix stones with my BeJeweler Pro. I got both at the hotfixqueen.com But there are some who like to apply regular rhinestones with the E6000.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela R View Post
To apply random rhinestones, I use hotfix stones with my BeJeweler Pro. I got both at the hotfixqueen.com But there are some who like to apply regular rhinestones with the E6000.
Thank you for your reply. Is there a certain size rhinestone you've found to work best?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bis4Beauty View Post
Thank you for your reply. Is there a certain size rhinestone you've found to work best?
I like the 12ss & 16ss for bigger bows & the 8ss & 10ss for the smaller ones. You can look up the stones images on the Internet to see if these are sizes you're thinking of using! Good luck with your bows
Old 08-11-2012, 08:08

Welcome and good luck! I don't do cheer bows, so I am not really sure about your questions, but the search function here on the forum is very helpful.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:15

I also want to welcome you! I make cheer bows, but mine are more simple for now! Good luck with your bows!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:25

I get my fabric from spandex world. They have a really good selection. I prefer the E6000 and 12ss stones when I do anything with rhinestones but I'm considering going to hotfix. I make my own templates though so I don't know about sources for those. I'm sure they're out there!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies