New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 06-17-2012, 03:53

Default Reliable Cutting Machine?

I've decided that it's time to invest in a cutting machine. Problem is: I don't know which to get. I know of the Cricut, Sizzix, and Silhouette.

Sizzix and Cricut seem a little too limited in what they can cut, but are cheaper in price. The Silhouette is a bit more expensive but seems to have unlimited possibilities. Does anyone have any of these machines and can help give me a review?

Also does anyone know of a good place to find these machines at low prices? Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:17

Default Re: Reliable Cutting Machine?

If you plan to cut fabric and especially felt, the Sizzix is excellent. I LOVE mine, and can actually do quite a bit with it since most every brand of cutting dies works with it. I highly recommend it.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:06

I am also thinking about buying a sizzix to cut felt. Amazon has one for $60 right now.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee View Post
If you plan to cut fabric and especially felt, the Sizzix is excellent. I LOVE mine, and can actually do quite a bit with it since most every brand of cutting dies works with it. I highly recommend it.
I definitely need it for mainly fabric, but I'm going to be need to making custom shapes and designs. I don't think a Sizzix can do that. Can it?
Old 06-17-2012, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncoreCheerBows View Post
I definitely need it for mainly fabric, but I'm going to be need to making custom shapes and designs. I don't think a Sizzix can do that. Can it?
No, not custom. With a sizzix, you have to use dies. With the silhouette you can cut any shape/object.

Find me on facebook at Pia Bows
Old 06-17-2012, 11:31

I have a sizzix machine and love it, but I use it to cut felt. It works great for that.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle27 View Post
I am also thinking about buying a sizzix to cut felt. Amazon has one for $60 right now.
Try JoAnn fabric they sometimes have it on sale or a coupon you can use to get it
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncoreCheerBows View Post
Check out the Zing cutter. I just purchased one and I am amazed at the things you can do with it. It comes with the software called Make The Cut that is very user friendly plus there are message boards at several places that will help you with most any question. It has a greater cutting force then the Silhouette or Gazelle which is very important if you are cutting heavier fabrics. It also has a 14" cutting width. If you are cutting vinyl for for wall decorations,etc. it will cut the full lenght of your vinyl where most other machines limit you to the length of the mat. I researched this forever before I bought and honestly IMO it is the best machine I found for the price.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbaby View Post
Check out the Zing cutter. I just purchased one and I am amazed at the things you can do with it. It comes with the software called Make The Cut that is very user friendly plus there are message boards at several places that will help you with most any question. It has a greater cutting force then the Silhouette or Gazelle which is very important if you are cutting heavier fabrics. It also has a 14" cutting width. If you are cutting vinyl for for wall decorations,etc. it will cut the full lenght of your vinyl where most other machines limit you to the length of the mat. I researched this forever before I bought and honestly IMO it is the best machine I found for the price.
So the Zing cuts felt, fabric and vinyl?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle27 View Post
So the Zing cuts felt, fabric and vinyl?
Yes, all those and thin leather, ultrasuede, paper, cardstock, chipboard, embosses, engraves...
Sponsored Links