new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:38

Default HeatNBond Ultra vs lite

Does everyone use heat and bond lite for their cheer bows. the directions I purchased says lite but I have been using the ultra (red package) becuase the lite (purple) says temporary.

Also, when using the mystic does everyone put the heat and bond on the entire piece. I have seen bows at competitions and it looks like it is just on the edges and they are not super stiff? I am trying to figure this out. I don't want to waste any fabric as it is expensive! Thanks In advance, so looking forward to stepping up my bows!

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:04

Default Re: HeatNBond Ultra vs lite

I was wonderinf this as well. When I made my first and only cheer bows for my old highschools cheer team I used ultra because I had a heck of a time find something that didn't come apart. i was using a black grosgrain base layer and white and orange top layers. I found that I had to put Heat n Bond on the black ribbon first then put others on top of the heat and bond and iron. The other way the black bleed through the other colors. Good luck!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:05

I use the large rolls in the red package (Ultra, I believe). And yes adhere it to the ribbon and then to the fabric.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelt View Post
Does everyone use heat and bond lite for their cheer bows. the directions I purchased says lite but I have been using the ultra (red package) becuase the lite (purple) says temporary.

Also, when using the mystic does everyone put the heat and bond on the entire piece. I have seen bows at competitions and it looks like it is just on the edges and they are not super stiff? I am trying to figure this out. I don't want to waste any fabric as it is expensive! Thanks In advance, so looking forward to stepping up my bows!

I have always used the HnB Lite. I find the Ultra makes the fabric too stiff and the layers almost unworkable for me.

I have found when using the HnB with the spandex fabrics, it is best to let the fabric cool down once it is fused to the ribbon base. If you try and work with it prior to that, it peels up.

When layering with spandex, I also cover the entire piece of fabric with HnB. I have never been able to make it look right if I only cover the edges.

HTH!

Ann

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 05-25-2012, 03:08

I use the purple heat n bond and I adhere it all over the spandex. I cut a whole piece of spandex the width of the heat and bond and 30 inches long and heat press them together and then I cut my strips. HTH!
Sponsored Links