New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 04:15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

I don't mean to hijack anyone's thread, but would desperately like some advice/help. I am searching for the glitter fabric in orange. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere (...Iowa... don't get me wrong, I love it here, but it's definitely NOT a shopping metropolis!). I've tried online pretty much everywhere also, and short of ordering from china (which I may end up giving up and doing), I'm stuck.

----hopping back in to add... I would even go for black glitter fabric too.... orange would be my preference, but my daughter's college colors are orange/black/white so I'd be okay with adding color to the bow------

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tina

P.S. I do have access to a heat press and can order the glitter vinyl and cost, but I don't want a "hard" bow, which I'm assuming the vinyl will create. I want a stiff bow like the fabric in a normal bow, so I assumed this new glitter fabric would be the way to go.

Last edited by repeatb; 08-03-2013 at 04:44. Reason: more to add
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
  #82 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 256
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

Quote:
Originally Posted by repeatb View Post
I don't mean to hijack anyone's thread, but would desperately like some advice/help. I am searching for the glitter fabric in orange. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere (...Iowa... don't get me wrong, I love it here, but it's definitely NOT a shopping metropolis!). I've tried online pretty much everywhere also, and short of ordering from china (which I may end up giving up and doing), I'm stuck.

----hopping back in to add... I would even go for black glitter fabric too.... orange would be my preference, but my daughter's college colors are orange/black/white so I'd be okay with adding color to the bow------

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tina

P.S. I do have access to a heat press and can order the glitter vinyl and cost, but I don't want a "hard" bow, which I'm assuming the vinyl will create. I want a stiff bow like the fabric in a normal bow, so I assumed this new glitter fabric would be the way to go.
Spandex house has a copper color that can pass for orange (cracked ice) however it does turn out very stiff. also youe can use theblack thar you have and put orange ribbon on the back, I like that much better than the fabric color. I have one I did for a team last year I will post a pic ater tonight so you can see.
__________________
Shayne
www.cheerstones.net
Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2013, 09:32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

Hi everyone! I love the cracked ice fabric from Spandex House but I've noticed some of these glitter bows done with a white/pearl glitter and I can't find it in that color. Any idea's of where they sell white?
Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2014, 11:59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

Can I order some from you still?
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2014, 08:33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: England, UK
Posts: 17
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacheercoach View Post
Hi everyone! I love the cracked ice fabric from Spandex House but I've noticed some of these glitter bows done with a white/pearl glitter and I can't find it in that color. Any idea's of where they sell white?
I have never used Cracked Ice Fabric as we can't get it here in the UK but I use White HTV for my White Glitter Bows. You can't really tell from the photo how sparkly/glittery it is but it really does sparkle, especially under lights! I get mine from Stahl's. HTH's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jo's iPhone Pics 27.06.14 - Jamfest! 2014 105.jpg (30.0 KB, 29 views)
Reply With Quote
  #86 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2014, 09:22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 256
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

The bow looks so big? is that standard in the UK?
__________________
Shayne
www.cheerstones.net
Reply With Quote
  #87 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2014, 10:40
FRANCISBEL's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 513
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

Beautiful bow and very big.
__________________
www.francisbelboutique.com (FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE )
www.FRANCISBEL.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2014, 07:01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: England, UK
Posts: 17
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

The bow does look big but it must just be an illusion with the camera as it is just a standard 3 inches wide! The length (pre folded) was 30 inches long as the coach who ordered them wanted them that size! I usually make at 28 inches.
There is no 'standard' size here in the UK as such - some coaches believe 'The bigger the better' but I just make what is asked (within reason)!!
Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2014, 01:26
trg2577's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 252
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

Has anyone tried the glitter ribbon fabric from.here, I got some and thought it was nice, I did use a grosgrain under it, I will look for a pic
__________________
"All little girls should be told they are beautiful"
Marilyn
Reply With Quote
  #90 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2014, 09:39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: England, UK
Posts: 17
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

I would very much like to see a pic if you can find one please Marilyn
I have been contemplating ordering some for a while now but being in the UK, you can't just order a sample of it to see what its like! The cost of shipping is quite extortionate so I have put off ordering it for fear of it not being what I am expecting and it being a waste of money!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
Has anyone tried the glitter ribbon fabric from.here, I got some and thought it was nice, I did use a grosgrain under it, I will look for a pic
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger