New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 08-03-2013, 04:15

Default Re: Glitter Fabric

I don't mean to hijack anyone's thread, but would desperately like some advice/help. I am searching for the glitter fabric in orange. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere (...Iowa... don't get me wrong, I love it here, but it's definitely NOT a shopping metropolis!). I've tried online pretty much everywhere also, and short of ordering from china (which I may end up giving up and doing), I'm stuck.

----hopping back in to add... I would even go for black glitter fabric too.... orange would be my preference, but my daughter's college colors are orange/black/white so I'd be okay with adding color to the bow------

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tina

P.S. I do have access to a heat press and can order the glitter vinyl and cost, but I don't want a "hard" bow, which I'm assuming the vinyl will create. I want a stiff bow like the fabric in a normal bow, so I assumed this new glitter fabric would be the way to go.

Last edited by repeatb; 08-03-2013 at 04:44. Reason: more to add
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by repeatb View Post
I don't mean to hijack anyone's thread, but would desperately like some advice/help. I am searching for the glitter fabric in orange. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere (...Iowa... don't get me wrong, I love it here, but it's definitely NOT a shopping metropolis!). I've tried online pretty much everywhere also, and short of ordering from china (which I may end up giving up and doing), I'm stuck.

----hopping back in to add... I would even go for black glitter fabric too.... orange would be my preference, but my daughter's college colors are orange/black/white so I'd be okay with adding color to the bow------

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tina

P.S. I do have access to a heat press and can order the glitter vinyl and cost, but I don't want a "hard" bow, which I'm assuming the vinyl will create. I want a stiff bow like the fabric in a normal bow, so I assumed this new glitter fabric would be the way to go.
Spandex house has a copper color that can pass for orange (cracked ice) however it does turn out very stiff. also youe can use theblack thar you have and put orange ribbon on the back, I like that much better than the fabric color. I have one I did for a team last year I will post a pic ater tonight so you can see.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:32

Hi everyone! I love the cracked ice fabric from Spandex House but I've noticed some of these glitter bows done with a white/pearl glitter and I can't find it in that color. Any idea's of where they sell white?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:59

Can I order some from you still?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacheercoach View Post
Hi everyone! I love the cracked ice fabric from Spandex House but I've noticed some of these glitter bows done with a white/pearl glitter and I can't find it in that color. Any idea's of where they sell white?
I have never used Cracked Ice Fabric as we can't get it here in the UK but I use White HTV for my White Glitter Bows. You can't really tell from the photo how sparkly/glittery it is but it really does sparkle, especially under lights! I get mine from Stahl's. HTH's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jo's iPhone Pics 27.06.14 - Jamfest! 2014 105.jpg (30.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-08-2014, 09:22

The bow looks so big? is that standard in the UK?
Old 08-08-2014, 10:40

Beautiful bow and very big.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:01

The bow does look big but it must just be an illusion with the camera as it is just a standard 3 inches wide! The length (pre folded) was 30 inches long as the coach who ordered them wanted them that size! I usually make at 28 inches.
There is no 'standard' size here in the UK as such - some coaches believe 'The bigger the better' but I just make what is asked (within reason)!!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:26

Has anyone tried the glitter ribbon fabric from.here, I got some and thought it was nice, I did use a grosgrain under it, I will look for a pic
Old 08-11-2014, 09:39

I would very much like to see a pic if you can find one please Marilyn
I have been contemplating ordering some for a while now but being in the UK, you can't just order a sample of it to see what its like! The cost of shipping is quite extortionate so I have put off ordering it for fear of it not being what I am expecting and it being a waste of money!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
Has anyone tried the glitter ribbon fabric from.here, I got some and thought it was nice, I did use a grosgrain under it, I will look for a pic
Sponsored Links