New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 01-26-2013, 12:32

Default Re: Glitter Fabric

Id like to order some as well, but I am bit confused, does it have the heat bond on the back or no?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg2577 View Post
Id like to order some as well, but I am bit confused, does it have the heat bond on the back or no?
No, this is not a vinyl with adhesive. It is a fabric. I work with it like any other fabric. with the exception that it gets very stiff.....not fun to work with, but the end result is well worth it!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:14

ok how much and are you only ordering the black
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06

Hi, it is $40/yard and I only ordered black. I am willing to order other colors, but I will not every use 5 yards, so I will purchase other color(s) if someone else is interested.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32

Good Morning ladies, Great News! if anyone is still looking for the glitter fabric....I was fabric shopping in NY last week and found it in the store. You only have to buy 1 yard at $40.00.....and the have several colors.....good luck
Old 04-12-2013, 05:34

I found this one at a store in Germany:
w w w. modulor.de/shop/oxid.php/sid/33b161856d1f6af686d6751f0a83190c/cl/details/cnid/FTR/anid/FTRC

It's quite stiff but nice to work with, even though the glitter still makes quite the mess. I had to spray it with loads of hairspray to keep from glittering everywhere...

Downside: It's 65 € / meter...

Last edited by Juli124; 04-12-2013 at 05:36. Reason: Trying to let me post the URL.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli124 View Post
I found this one at a store in Germany:
w w w. modulor.de/shop/oxid.php/sid/33b161856d1f6af686d6751f0a83190c/cl/details/cnid/FTR/anid/FTRC

It's quite stiff but nice to work with, even though the glitter still makes quite the mess. I had to spray it with loads of hairspray to keep from glittering everywhere...

Downside: It's 65 / meter...
Hi I am not sure how much that price translates into dollars, but if you go to the Spandex House website, they have the fabric there for $35-40/yard and you only have to order 1 yard. Hope this information is helpful.
Good luck!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:55

Default Re: Glitter Fabric/Ribbon

Hi,

I live in England, UK so am very limited as to what I can purchase here. My daughter is 6 and has just joined a Cheer Squad (so I am a newbie Cheer Mum) here and Ive been asked to make their team bows - 100 in total! I am quite a hands on crafty queen however, I have never made a Cheer Bow before and really haven't got a clue what I am doing so have been searching the www for ideas and tutorials.

Anyway, I was watching a tutorial on YT on how to make Cheer Bows and found a lady was using a reel of said 'Glitter Ribbon'. I slowed the video down to where it shows the ribbon reel and it that states very clearly on the cover that it is distributed by Michaels! It is a 7/8 inch ribbon, is 100% Polyester and is black and VERY glittery and most definitely, 100% a reel of ribbon!

I so wish we could purchase things like this, this side of the Atlantic. Im having trouble even trying to find Heat n Bond!

But anyways, I hope this at least helps someone who may still be looking for said Glitter Ribbon and if anyone does find it in Michaels, or any where else, please leave a message stating how much it is etc......I am intrigued

Johanna xx
Old 07-19-2013, 04:16

Default Re: Glitter Fabric/Ribbon

Hi Johanna, I think I found a place for you. I hope this works but it looks like the same fabric that we call "cracked ice" here is the link and good luck.
Shayne
http://www.fabricuk.com/contents.php?view=cts&cms=48
Old 07-20-2013, 07:18

Hi Shayne,

THANK YOU soooo much. You are an absolute SUPERSTAR! I would never in a million years have found that. Ive certainly never heard of 'cracked ice'. You have made my day

I made my first prototype Cheer Bow yesterday and am really pleased with it. I just used 3" double sided satin (2 lengths adhered together) with some Lame trim and a few rhinestones to bling it a little but my daughter loved it and wore it to cheer this morning. Her coach was 'blown away' by it. She'll be even more impressed if I make one with this glitter fabric!

I feel like I am now an 'official cheer mum'

Thank you once again,

Johanna xx
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif