http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:42

Default Bad follow through from customer..what do you think?

Hey Ladies,

I have this one customer that is local that has told me that she is going to be ordering bows for the last month or so. I have contacted her multiple times to get her final numbers but she never seems to have them. I can see on her page that she competes next week and I still have not heard from her. What do you do? I don't want her to tell people that I did not have them ready in time but she never finalized her order from me. She knows alot of people in the area and I don't want it to affect my business. What would you do?

I emailed her last week and told her that I would not have time to order the material if she did not pay a deposit and give me numbers and she texted back and said she would have them that night but I never heard back. Do I just drop it? I don't want to be blamed for them not having bows .....help!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 03-09-2012, 12:07

Default Re: Bad follow through from customer..what do you think?

I would contact her one more time and tell her very explicitly that you get the final order and deposit within 24 hours (if that gives you enough time to get them done) or you are not going to be able to fill her order. Maybe flower it up and tell her how much you would love to have her business but you need adequate time to make her a quality product bla bla bla. I say if she doesn't give you an order then, then just be done with it.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:08

Oh, and I forgot to say that I know you don't want her to blame you for her lack of follow through, but chances are regardless of what you do if they don't have their bows she will make it your fault rather than admit it was hers, so there's not a whole lot you can do about that.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:10

I know, the worst part is that I have seen her blame things on other people that was actually her fault so I know its coming down the pipe. Sadly her parents don't see her that way so I know I will have to just take what she says. =(
Old 03-09-2012, 02:03

Good luck. What age is this customer?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:46

I do believe she is in her mid 30's so she knows or should know what it takes to order items in a timely matter. I heard from her today and she said she had not ordered from anyone else and she is having a hard time collecting money from her customers and asked if I could help her out. I declined and told her I needed full payment. I have not heard back.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:53

It's a shame people have to be that way. Could be she changed her mind, maybe found a better (?) offer somewhere else (no doubt would be inferior to you but go figure people). I'd suggest what the earlier post said, contact one last time. btw, if you can, keep her e-mail answers to you, text msgs etc. just in case a future customer mentions a bad report on you from her. You can be ready to show that you did your part in trying, it was her that didn't follow through. IMO of course.
Antigone
Old 03-09-2012, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
It's a shame people have to be that way. Could be she changed her mind, maybe found a better (?) offer somewhere else (no doubt would be inferior to you but go figure people). I'd suggest what the earlier post said, contact one last time. btw, if you can, keep her e-mail answers to you, text msgs etc. just in case a future customer mentions a bad report on you from her. You can be ready to show that you did your part in trying, it was her that didn't follow through. IMO of course.
Antigone
Agreed! Good luck!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:23

I would not bother to contact her anymore. She is not worth the effort and time, if she is pulling that some what childish behavoir. There is no need to drag you name through the mud cause she is a procrastinater.

If you do business with her and she throws out a number just by chatting, I would have her put down at least 50% deposit. Then you can take her seriously.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:16

I know it sounds mean, but whatever you do do NOT do her order without payment. At least half up front and FULL on delivery. I have learned the hard way not to trust anyone.

My daughter danced at this very prestigious studio, in competitions, for 11 years. My sister and I began making costumes for them. I always took payment on delivery and this worked out well...until ONE time we were rushed because THEY could not make decisions and I delivered without payment up front. Understand I knew these people for 11 years! They were my friends AND the owner charged at LEAST double sometimes triple what I charged her. She paid me about 1/3 of the $20,000 she owed me, and never paid me another cent, even thought the children dancing did not get their costumes until they paid in full. Thankfully the 1/3 covered my expenses, but not the amount of work we put in to make all those costumes.

Sorry to bore you with my stories lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolegoodrich View Post
I do believe she is in her mid 30's so she knows or should know what it takes to order items in a timely matter. I heard from her today and she said she had not ordered from anyone else and she is having a hard time collecting money from her customers and asked if I could help her out. I declined and told her I needed full payment. I have not heard back.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.