key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:55

Default Ordering Fake Bow Samples

Hey everyone,

I just started a new bow company and have a facebook and etsy site to sell my bows. Yesterday I received an email from someone saying that they wanted a sample of my bows prior to ordering a set of 25 bows. When I looked up the girls name she was a member of a Junior team and not a coach whatsoever. I don't plan to make a sample for someone that does not coach or own the gym. Has anyone else on here heard of this? I feel like she is just looking for free bows and is using the sample reason to obtain them. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04

Default Re: Ordering Fake Bow Samples

You could charge a deposit...but i wouldn't do free sample but you could meet with the client with samples for them to look at if they are local.... just some thoughts
Old 02-22-2012, 01:11

I would have them sign up as a wholesaler! Make a sheet asking questions about their position, name, address, phone, etc. prior to mailing out the free sample? Then you would be able to check on how legit the person is???? just a thought?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:41

When it comes to cheer bows I def feel like if they are not the coach or owner of the program I won't send a sample. I was surprised to find out she was in middle school looking for a free bow . Lesson Learned.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:49

Just wandering if her name

I received emails from the above to both of my company account emails. She was asking for a sample too but like everyone else, I would not send a sample bow the takes time and money to make to someone that I have at least not spoken to. Funny thing is my website and facebook are not even live yet. So where are they getting the email addresses from?

Good luck!

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do
Old 02-22-2012, 02:05

yes that is her. I looked her up on facebook and located her gym name from there and I forwarded the email to her gym owner so hopefully she will refrain from this activity. I wonder how many people she has contacted! How strange!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:05

Are you on etsy? that is how she contacted me.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14

I am not on Etsy and not really on facebook yet either. Website is still in the works so I am not sure how she got the 2 different email addresses. What is the gym name? I will send an email as well or even forward the 2 that I have received.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do
Old 02-22-2012, 02:23

@missy....I sent it to you in a private message. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy545 View Post
Just wandering if her name was

I received emails from the above to both of my company account emails. She was asking for a sample too but like everyone else, I would not send a sample bow the takes time and money to make to someone that I have at least not spoken to. Funny thing is my website and facebook are not even live yet. So where are they getting the email addresses from?

Good luck!
The above person also sought our free samples from me...Here was her message:

Comments: Hi there! We recently had a team mom die from breast cancer. Our
team is interested in purchasing breast cancer bling bows. We were
wondering if you would be willing to send us out a sample. Let us know!
Thanks girl, have a fantastic day.

I told her that we don't do free samples, but she could order one from our website and we would credit her the purchase amount when she placed her team order....no word from her since...big shocker. I really think the cancer thing was horrible if it was not true.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg