http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:30

Default Re: Ordering Fake Bow Samples

I think it takes alot of guts for the father to stand up and say what he did. I jope you all can provide him the emails so he can resolve the issue. Good luck with your daughter and figuring tjis whole issue out. I can imagine it is even more troubling after dealingnwith cancer in your family. I lost my mother to cancer and my heart goes out to everyone who has lost some to cancer.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruckels View Post
I am the girl in question's father.

While there are some things here that are not adding up, it would appear that my daughter is the focus of this discussion. As her parent, I am embarrassed that she displayed such questionable judgement, but 13 year olds aren't always known for doing that. Of course, being a 13 year old girl isn't the easiest thing in the world, either. I can confirm that someone else seems to have accessed her live.com email account and changed the password, and I am currently working with their customer support process to regain access to her account. I also received copies of the email from the person that sent her a sample, and the writing style is hers, but there was no mention of a teammates' mother dying of breast cancer. That issue is especially troubling to me, as well, since her best friend has cancer, and her grandmother (my mother) died of breast cancer. I'm not looking for sympathy, just trying to fill in some of the blanks and make sense of whatever it is that's going on.

We have had a conversation with the cheerleading coaches. While they are willing to let the matter drop (in spite of a number of you threatening to sue the gym), my wife and I are considering pulling her from cheerleading. As an aside, "fury" is not the name of the team that she is on, which is why some of this is not adding up. If any of you received an actual email (sent from an email address, not a contact form on a web site), if you could get in touch with me and forward that email to me (pruckelshaus AT gmail DOT com), I would appreciate it. I am an IT professional and I can tell from the message headers what ISP the message was sent from, as well as the IP address, which will go a long way towards resolving some of the unanswered questions that I have.

I have contacted the one person who sent her a sample and will be sending the sample back to her, and will compensate her for postage. If anyone else sent her a sample, I will either pay for it, or send it back, whichever you prefer.

I guess the bottom line is this. While I have a very difficult time believing that my daughter would try to do something like this, I'm also one of those parents who realizes that his kids (like all kids) aren't perfect, yet I love them just the same.

I apologize for this whole situation, and I appreciate your understanding.

Pete Ruckelshaus

Sent you an email to your personal email @gmail.com thanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30

So someone else hacked her account to get free bows for the girl who owns the email account?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:33

Quote:

While there are some things here that are not adding up, it would appear that my daughter is the focus of this discussion. As her parent, I am embarrassed that she displayed such questionable judgement, but 13 year olds aren't always known for doing that. Of course, being a 13 year old girl isn't the easiest thing in the world, either. I can confirm that someone else seems to have accessed her live.com email account and changed the password, and I am currently working with their customer support process to regain access to her account. I also received copies of the email from the person that sent her a sample, and the writing style is hers, but there was no mention of a teammates' mother dying of breast cancer. That issue is especially troubling to me, as well, since her best friend has cancer, and her grandmother (my mother) died of breast cancer. I'm not looking for sympathy, just trying to fill in some of the blanks and make sense of whatever it is that's going on.

We have had a conversation with the cheerleading coaches. While they are willing to let the matter drop (in spite of a number of you threatening to sue the gym), my wife and I are considering pulling her from cheerleading. As an aside, "fury" is not the name of the team that she is on, which is why some of this is not adding up. If any of you received an actual email (sent from an email address, not a contact form on a web site), if you could get in touch with me and forward that email to me (pruckelshaus AT gmail DOT com), I would appreciate it. I am an IT professional and I can tell from the message headers what ISP the message was sent from, as well as the IP address, which will go a long way towards resolving some of the unanswered questions that I have.

I have contacted the one person who sent her a sample and will be sending the sample back to her, and will compensate her for postage. If anyone else sent her a sample, I will either pay for it, or send it back, whichever you prefer.

I guess the bottom line is this. While I have a very difficult time believing that my daughter would try to do something like this, I'm also one of those parents who realizes that his kids (like all kids) aren't perfect, yet I love them just the same.

Pete Ruckelshaus
I am the vendor who received the request for the breast cancer bow (I did not send a sample). The request did come through our website form. I would be more than happy to forward you whatever information you need.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:25

All of this is so strange!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:35

Peter,
I forwarded you the emails I received. It looks like your address was the one provided for shipping. Kudos to you for stepping up! Hey, kids do silly things...I have a 13 year old as well. Hopefully, she will have learned a valuable lesson from all of this!

Quote:

Pete Ruckelshaus
Old 02-27-2012, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeblueafterglow View Post
So someone else hacked her account to get free bows for the girl who owns the email account?
I don't think someone hacked her account. I think it was her all along. The shipping address she provided to me is the address of the dad who contacted the board.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:16

I am proud of the Dad for standing up and letting us know whats going on. However, I too don't think her account was hacked...
Old 02-27-2012, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.BowlingtheBowMaker View Post
I am proud of the Dad for standing up and letting us know whats going on. However, I too don't think her account was hacked...
Not to be a stirrer, but I agree... If it was hacked and she was locked out, how did she email you all to tell you she was hacked? when clearly if you have no website (as some have mentioned) you wouldn't have a contact form...
Old 05-03-2012, 06:24

odd situation. any updates?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.