5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:37

Default Re: Ordering Fake Bow Samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
The above person also sought our free samples from me...Here was her message:

Name:
Email:
Comments: Hi there! We recently had a team mom die from breast cancer. Our
team is interested in purchasing breast cancer bling bows. We were
wondering if you would be willing to send us out a sample. Let us know!
Thanks girl, have a fantastic day.

I told her that we don't do free samples, but she could order one from our website and we would credit her the purchase amount when she placed her team order....no word from her since...big shocker. I really think the cancer thing was horrible if it was not true.
I think all of you should contact the gym she belongs to. If any of this is legit, the owner of team coach should have contacted you. Obviously she's just trying to get free bows, contacting so many different people. The things people think of just to get something free!!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:12

I have already emailed the owner of the gym. I am hoping that us sending her an email will open up a forum with the young girl to have a discussion about what is right and wrong.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
The above person also sought our free samples from me...Here was her message:

Name:
Email:
Comments: Hi there! We recently had a team mom die from breast cancer. Our
team is interested in purchasing breast cancer bling bows. We were
wondering if you would be willing to send us out a sample. Let us know!
Thanks girl, have a fantastic day.

I told her that we don't do free samples, but she could order one from our website and we would credit her the purchase amount when she placed her team order....no word from her since...big shocker. I really think the cancer thing was horrible if it was not true.
WOW! I would be really upset with this email!

Here is one of the ones that she sent me just 4 days ago:
Hello!

I hope your day is going great. I was wondering if you would be able to ship me out a sample bow for our team of 25 people. I will show the sample bow to our team, and if we like them (which there is no doubt we will!) then I will not hesitate to place an order. We believe that your bow company is the best of the best.

The bow we are interested in would be an all-white bow. If you could incorporate sequins, glitter, or rhinestones, that would be great. Also, our team is 'Fury' (logo is fire) so that would just give you a few ideas as far as our bow. Thanks!

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do
Old 02-22-2012, 04:40

I forwarded the email to the owner. Now we will just wait and see.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do
Old 02-22-2012, 06:04

I think her email sounds fairly harmless. I usually just send a picture of sample bows to them, and if they want to see it in person they can buy it or I might give a discount. But I actually haven't sent out an actual sample in awhile. And sometimes it is the girls that look around for bows for their team, then tell the coach about what they found. I had a girl work with me through the whole design and ordering process and the coach only emailed me when it was time to pay.
But your concern is why a lot of bow companies do require only a coach or owner to contact about samples.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23

So she emails at least 3 bow makers and wants them all to believe she will place an order? Nice. I wouldn't even make a sample w o being paid. If I get paid and they want to change something before I send the sample fine. But it sounds fishy. Just my opinion
Old 02-22-2012, 06:44

If someone can pm me the gym info I would like it. It really bothered me that she used a cancer death to try to get a free sample. The whole reason why I made the cancer bows was because two moms at our gym are battling bc & I donate all of the money to a bc charity in their behalf.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:14

Hey Ladies! Got the same email too!

Alright, thank you. I understand. In the past we have ordered bows sans receiving samples. At the first competition we had 11 bows fall apart midst preforming because of the horrible quality. we didn't get a chance to check and make sure they were up to our standard and quality. Therefore, it's not in my interest or the rest of our organizations to make a purchase without making sure the bows are what we want. I am going to put an idea, but of course the veto is in your hands. Would you be willing to ship us the sample, well make sure its what we would like, and then ship it back out to you? Like I said, it's totally up to you.
Have a great night!

On Feb 19, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Ann <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Liz. *Thank you for your inquiry. *I do not provide physical samples of bows until orders are placed. *Samples are sent via picture. *The physical sample comes with your order as an additional bow free of charge.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 18, 2012, at 10:41 PM, wrote:

Hello!

I hope your day is going great. I was wondering if you would be able to ship me out a sample bow for our team of 25 people. I will show the sample bow to our team, and if we like them (which there is no doubt we will!) then I will not hesitate to place an order. We believe that your bow company is the best of the best.

The bow we are interested in would be an all-white bow. If you could incorporate sequins, glitter, or rhinestones, that would be great. Also, our team is 'Fury' (logo is fire) so that would just give you a few ideas as far as our bow. Thanks!

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 02-22-2012, 08:24

i too think it is all very strange. the breast cancer line is bothersome as well. i kinda feel sorry for her, though. i bet she never knew you all would get together and compare notes, LOL. or maybe she did. i'm curious to know how she got all of your contact information, especially with missy not really having her shop listed publicly yet.

now, having said all that - you ladies all make gorgeous bows and, even though she is being super cheap and acting fishy, she didn't lie about your bows being the best of the best and at least she has good taste in cheer bows.

oh, and what kind of kid uses the word "sans"????? just sayin'
Old 02-22-2012, 09:08

I just wouldn't feel comfortable sending a free "sample." I mean if I really want to know if a bow is up to my standards I order one! Thats like saying to someone on etsy "my dd is so hard on bows can you send me a sample one for FREE first and let me try it before I buy one?" Uhh no
Sponsored Links