150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 05-17-2012, 01:51

Default Re: Could someone tell what mystic fabric is???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelt View Post
Can someone tell me the difference on this fabric before I order it? What is the difference between 2way and 4 way streatch? Which type is better for cheer bows? I want to order some zebra as well... what type do I order... So many choices over at spandex world.. I am confused.... HELP!
For cheer bows it doesn't really matter that much. 2 way means it either stretches left and right, or up and down. 4 way means it stretches in any direction. I use both for cheer bows and there really is no difference since you're not really "stretching" the fabric at all. Simply cutting it and adhering it to ribbon/other fabric.

HTH!

Old 05-18-2012, 02:22

It does thanks! I am excited to try it. what does everyone use to adhere it? Do you heat and bond like the sequin fabric? I am assuming it doesn't fray
Quote:
Originally Posted by EncoreCheerBows View Post
For cheer bows it doesn't really matter that much. 2 way means it either stretches left and right, or up and down. 4 way means it stretches in any direction. I use both for cheer bows and there really is no difference since you're not really "stretching" the fabric at all. Simply cutting it and adhering it to ribbon/other fabric.

HTH!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:28

does anyone know if there is a site taht offers spandex and sequin fabric? Wanting to get some navy and light pink sequin i can not get locally and would like to not have to pay shipping from to fabric suppliers! TIA

Quote:

HTH!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:35

Has anyone ordered from syfabrics.com?

Quote:
does anyone know if there is a site taht offers spandex and sequin fabric? Wanting to get some navy and light pink sequin i can not get locally and would like to not have to pay shipping from to fabric suppliers! TIA

Old 05-24-2012, 02:02

Quote:
I know Spandex World has a great selection!

And Heat N Bond works very well. Or fabric glue!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:28

Quote:
I have ordered sequin fabric from Sy Fabrics for years. While their shipping is expensive, their customer services is great and I normally have my purchase within a week of purchase. No bad considering it comes cross country.

HTH!

Ann

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 05-24-2012, 11:45

Thank you! Fabric glue, I wonder if that is what the bows use that don't seem stiff or like there is a line of adhesive. What fabric glue would anyone recommend? I want to try that. I am thinkgin for the one color mystic bows I want to do that that would be easier. Heat and bond for layered ones...

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful.

Quote:
I know Spandex World has a great selection!

And Heat N Bond works very well. Or fabric glue!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:40

Quote:
Thank you! Fabric glue, I wonder if that is what the bows use that don't seem stiff or like there is a line of adhesive. What fabric glue would anyone recommend? I want to try that. I am thinkgin for the one color mystic bows I want to do that that would be easier. Heat and bond for layered ones...

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful.
Just a caution about fabric glue. If used with light colored ribbon, it leaves messy looking glue lines unless someone has found a glue that doesn't bleed through.

Ann

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40

Question Re: Could someone tell what mystic fabric is???

I've been asked to make my daughters cheer team competition bows to match their new uniforms (They don't like the one's that came with the outfit.) I need mystic dot fabric. I know that Yella ribbon carries it, but I've read on here that SpandexWorld carries it also. I have looked on SW's website and I haven't been able to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction on their website or tell me what it would be called on there. Thanks!!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileysribbons View Post
I've been asked to make my daughters cheer team competition bows to match their new uniforms (They don't like the one's that came with the outfit.) I need mystic dot fabric. I know that Yella ribbon carries it, but I've read on here that SpandexWorld carries it also. I have looked on SW's website and I haven't been able to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction on their website or tell me what it would be called on there. Thanks!!
Look for the words mystic fabric! It's really simple. Should be on the left-hand side.
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies