key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:35

Default Price this bow

I have just had a coach contact me and ask what I would sell this bow at if I could duplicate it. She wants about 100 of these. The price shown on the website she is looking at is $3.95 but that seems so low. What do you ladies think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cartwheel bow.jpg (16.9 KB, 213 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 02-14-2012, 12:55

Default Re: Price this bow

You have to think she is purchasing 100 of them. But then again you have to add in your cost and time also. I would give her wholesale price. I don't make cheer bows but to figure my price I figure out how much per inch the ribbon costs me. You also have the fabric and if you use heat bond. I use glue I don't figure that in. Maybe charge like .10 cents for heat n bond on all of them. Once you have the price per inch you multiply that by how many inches of fabric and ribbon you used. Then decide how much you want to get paid for your time. I use a flat rate but other girls actually say x amount for x hours. So if it takes you 1 hour to make 3 and you want to make $6 an hour then for every 3 bows you would use $6. Or $2 a bow. Also don't forget your pony o. Say .10 for each pony o. Here is an example:

.10 heat n bond
.60 for ribbon
$1 for fabric
$2 for time
.10 for pony o

1 bow would cost $3.80 to make.

I would then double that for wholesale and double it again for individual. You could even do a bigger discount buy x get them for x.... etc.

Hope that is clear as mud. LOL!!!!! I have a hard time explaining it.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:06

That helped alot! Thanks! I was surprised when she said she could get them that cheap but she would not share the site with me. So I appreciate your detailed info! Thanks!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:11

3.95 sounds really low! Ask her for the website. If it's that cheap, why wouldn't she just buy from them? I would charge $8-$10.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolegoodrich View Post
That helped alot! Thanks! I was surprised when she said she could get them that cheap but she would not share the site with me. So I appreciate your detailed info! Thanks!
there are a couple cheer companies that sell them that cheep. here is a link
http://www.omnicheer.com/Accessories/Hair-Bows-Ribbons/

I was asked to do the 2 -color Polka dot cheer bow on there for $3.95 like they were selling them for. I did them for $4 becuase it was their first order for their team and a cheer clinic with lots of youth so I was a good way to get my name out. She ended up ordering some fanicier bows from me for the competition team. It was less than what I usually charge but worth me getting my "name out there"

Good luck!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:31

wow, I wonder what the quality is like for that price!
I wouldn't be able to make them for $4....
Old 02-14-2012, 08:09

The quality is GARBAGE...I had 4 teams come to me to buy bows this season after they bought their bows from omnicheer (and other comporable sites). They didn't want to spend the $12-15 I was charging (for much fancier-more intricate bows I might add) and went for the low price.

After one wearing the ribbons were falling apart, freying etc. They overall just looked like crap.

My suggestion is do NOT try to match their price. It is junk imported and mass produced in China. Make them a sample also so that they can compare quality. Set your price & that is it. I would obviously give a discount for ordering 100pcs over ordering 1 or 5, but not a 3.95 per pc price.

I have never made that style of bow, so I don't know the materials or time involved, but I would think $6-8 would be the lowest possible per pc price.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:09

I agree, the quality on those omnicheer bows is reallly low. Dont match that price especially if you use good ribbon like Schiff. The lowest I would do on that bow is $6
Old 02-23-2012, 09:21

the quality is going to be way lower...just as if you buy bows from dollar tree or walmart...you cant expect them to be the same quality as an item that is hand-made one piece at a time....you get what you pay for.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:42

6-7 dollars
Sponsored Links