ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > Cheer Bows

Cheer Bows Share your Cheer Bows Here! Show your Spirit!

Old 02-07-2012, 05:50

Default Websites and or Facebook?

Hello Cheer Bow makers!! Do most of you have websites and or facebook pages or both?

I have been working on both of mine for the last month and boy is it a lot of work! For the last few years, I just did word of mouth and was doing fine with it. But now we have moved to another state and the high school my daughter is at is 4 times the size of her old one so now I am going to have to work harder to make the sales.

I am working in a brochure, I know somewhere on here I saw that someone else has done this so any advice would be great!

Also how do you find local competitions to have tables at? I haven't done this before because I was working full time but since I seem to have a lot of time on my hands (as well as cheerbows), I think I want to try it!

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 01:58

Default Re: Websites and or Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy545 View Post
Hello Cheer Bow makers!! Do most of you have websites and or facebook pages or both?

I have been working on both of mine for the last month and boy is it a lot of work! For the last few years, I just did word of mouth and was doing fine with it. But now we have moved to another state and the high school my daughter is at is 4 times the size of her old one so now I am going to have to work harder to make the sales.

I am working in a brochure, I know somewhere on here I saw that someone else has done this so any advice would be great!

Also how do you find local competitions to have tables at? I haven't done this before because I was working full time but since I seem to have a lot of time on my hands (as well as cheerbows), I think I want to try it!
Thinking maybe to contact the cheer coach directly? Or make a sample bow in the teams colors and find out what time a practice is and stop by toward the end and introduce yourself and have your information and the bow with you and give the bow as a "gift/sample" of what you can do.

Another thing is to find out the youth cheer teams in the area. Facebook is a good way to and do the same thing. I got started becuase my daugther cheered and I am on a youth cheer board. We decided to make bows for our girls as part of thier uniform (we are all "crafty) and I perfected and got hooded from there. Once everyone seen what I had to offer in school colors I sold a ton (offerd streamers, korkers and cheer bows for the younger ones), now I do quite a few area schools youth and high school teams just by word of mouth. It took a year ( I did not advertize it was just word of mouth but if I had I think it would have took off much faster.) This year I am going to do exactly what I said above to introduce myself to other teams in the area.

I right now only have a FB page, I am having a hard time finding a reasonable website that is easy.

To find local competitions I would look at your state High school Athletic association, they should have meets listed then you would contact the school to find out how to get a spot. Also check into the Young Champion Cheer teams in your area.

HTH some... Just my ideas....
Old 02-16-2012, 05:02

I have both a facebook and website. I find I get alot of traffic on the site from people seeing us on facebook. The website is very affordable it is $8.00 per month and FB is free.

I sell at a few local comps & typically sell between 75-150 bows and 40-80 keychain bows per show depending on the size of the comp & number of athletes attending.

I would also suggest sending a sample to local coaches. I sold bows to one team & that coach was friends with coaches of 3 other HS varsity teams, so from one sale I gained 4 teams worth of orders.

Selling bows is my full time job now & I probably work many more hours than I would in a traditional job, but I love every minute of it.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:10

Thanks Ladies! I got an order from a local competitive gym just a week or so ago and she signed the contract with me today. Now just waiting for the deposit to get started.

I am mainly looking at how to find local competitions. There was one at the middle school on Tuesday that we found out about on Monday since my daughter had to volunteer her time for the high school. It was alot easier before we moved because of word of mouth. The high school already has a parent that does their bows but I am going to give her coach some samples anyway.

Thanks for the help here!

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do
Old 02-16-2012, 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
I have both a facebook and website. I find I get alot of traffic on the site from people seeing us on facebook. The website is very affordable it is $8.00 per month and FB is free.

I sell at a few local comps & typically sell between 75-150 bows and 40-80 keychain bows per show depending on the size of the comp & number of athletes attending.

I would also suggest sending a sample to local coaches. I sold bows to one team & that coach was friends with coaches of 3 other HS varsity teams, so from one sale I gained 4 teams worth of orders.

Selling bows is my full time job now & I probably work many more hours than I would in a traditional job, but I love every minute of it.
What webhosting/website service do you use for $8? that sounds aforable to me!
Wow, 75-100 bows is awesome... I would love to make bows full time Are these high school competitions? I thougth of trying one out next year if I can find one that doesn't have someone. do you sell alot of school color bows (you reasearch who will be there type thing) or just fun bows, ect.... I would appreciate any ideas, I would have probally never tougth to take that many!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelt View Post
What webhosting/website service do you use for $8? that sounds aforable to me!
Wow, 75-100 bows is awesome... I would love to make bows full time Are these high school competitions? I thougth of trying one out next year if I can find one that doesn't have someone. do you sell alot of school color bows (you reasearch who will be there type thing) or just fun bows, ect.... I would appreciate any ideas, I would have probally never tougth to take that many!
I use wahmshoppes as my website host. It is affordable and easy to use. I sell mainly at high school and rec league comps. I don't usually do school color bows, but mainly fun and themed bows. The girls usually have to wear team bows when they are wearing their unis, and are looking for bows to wear to their practices when they aren't wearing school colors, so I try to focus on that. I do have a lot of HS teams and allstar gyms that I sell to, so I try to stick to fun bows for comps and web sales and team/school colors for team orders.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:51

Missy,
I am a cheer coach & mom and kind of fell into the cheer bow world. I now have a pretty successful Bow Business and jugle both a facebook and am working on my website. I am now in two childrens boutiques and am trying to get into a few hair salons/childrens hair cut places. I have done a few competitions as well as local craft shows. A few tips...contact a local Allstar team/gymnastics facility and if they do not sell bows in house ask if you can set up a merchandise table. Most will welcome it. Or offer them a $ amount per bow and treat it like a fundraiser. As far as finding cheer comps...I went on ABOUT.com and searched for cheerleading competitions in Pa. You can do the same in your state and they will all come up..dates and contacts! Offer coaches a group discounts and word will spread! You will be so busy you wont know what to do. Hope I gave you some insight! ) Good Luck!
Sponsored Links