New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Everything Else > Ask the Mods!

Ask the Mods! Request moving or deleting a thread. Is it OK to post this and that? About Moderation Issues...

Old 02-03-2011, 06:14

Default Re: "For Sale" threads gone bad (Children's Clothing, Ribbons & Bows and ADs)

Earlier today I had said...that why don't they move those threads (the ones that go bad) to a new category and maybe lock them, that way the info is still there for everyone to access. The hostess could still start a new thread if she turned up again? IDK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicoGirl View Post
I understand both sides.

I agree that if we want to sell on here we should pay for advertising, this is next on my list. Because I really want to continue to do business here.

I also see the other side as a buyer. For instance I was a participant in a group buy it didn't go horribly bad but at the end of the day I didn't get everything that I paid for. The thread for this particular group buy were long and many people were complaining well the threads related to this buy have since been purged and said member is now back and active on the forum but if you look through there history there is nothing that connects them to this lets say messy buy (I'm not saying it was bad it just wasn't good). So now if said member were to open another buy no one would know of this members past history. I know I did not leave feedback for this buy because I feared retaliatory feedback.

At the end of the day this forum belongs to Michelle so we will have to adjust to whatever she decides.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 06:17

Default Re: "For Sale" threads gone bad (Children's Clothing, Ribbons & Bows and ADs)

Agreed! I think that destashing things is a nice little perk.. Easy to get rid of things you don't need anymore and a great way for others to pick up things they do need pretty near group buy prices. That's what destash prices usually are anyway, or at least below resale. A lot of times I get really nervous about all the group buys because I've been involved in bad ones before, so I usually wait till the buy is over and try to grab extras others destash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
Maybe this has already been tossed out...But, maybe a destash thread can be active for 15 days, locked and then purged after a certain amount of time.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37

I totally agree that it is Michelle's forum, and she can do whatever she wants. And, I agree that people shouldn't run their items like a store here. I would love to see something happen to limit selling, but I do think the 15 day rule is too short, though. My idea based on the other forums can be called whatever - paid sub, advertising fee, whatever. It is just a way for her to collect money from those that want to sell on her site.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:29

I agree as I had stated in the Ruby Room thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosser View Post
hmmm...now that all this is brought up, it's really got me thinking.
I didn't even realize the thread title or rule had changed until it was posted about!

I'm probably going to be lashed at, but hey, it won't be the first time.
Read this with an open mind while looking at the whole picture

First of all, to me it doesn't sound to me like she is trying to stop destashes, it sounds like she's trying to stop people from running a 'store' on her forum.

I'm not in the Ruby group, I lost tons of posts when they did the purge. Someone told me it has to do with not using the HG board as a store like etsy or ebay? Is that correct about what Michelle said?

In essence, Michelle herself has this board as a sister to HER website, and I am sure all the threads of sales probably affect her so I can see why it would be unfair. Did anyone consider this thought?

If there would be a fee charged I think it should be the same as a monthly advertising fee. Honestly how is it fair for someone to run a 'store' here for free while a lot of us pay for advertising and pay for a website host? And when Michelle has a store one click away?

I pay 2 subscription fees here and it costs me $15 a month. Plus all the fees associated with my website.

IDK, just another way to think about it.
AGREE!!

Quote:
First...I think only seniors should be able to sell, and not because they are better than newbies but because this forum is not meant to find customers, it's meant to find FRIENDS, and PEERS. (or that's what I joined for...)

I hate seeing a sales thread from someone that has very few posts, and the majority of their posts being on their own sales threads!!

Second...And I'm sorry if this riles feathers, but members wanting to have active, ongoing sales should pay a fee/advertising. I do not think it's fair at all for HG advertisors or to Michelle herself.

Third...I think destash threads should be limited to once a month, or something.

Personally, I think moving all of the sales threads to the bottom of the forum has REALLY helped the forum get back to the way it used to be. I have really enjoyed the new spirit and atmosphere of the forum.

That is all for now...
I don't think she plans on removing the buy threads...just the selling threads.

The only way I see this being done without deleting ongoing threads of the people who are using them as stores and just not allow it.

I am not talking about Destashes....I am talking about the threads that list everything they have like a store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicoGirl View Post
I understand both sides.

I agree that if we want to sell on here we should pay for advertising, this is next on my list. Because I really want to continue to do business here.

I also see the other side as a buyer. For instance I was a participant in a group buy it didn't go horribly bad but at the end of the day I didn't get everything that I paid for. The thread for this particular group buy were long and many people were complaining well the threads related to this buy have since been purged and said member is now back and active on the forum but if you look through there history there is nothing that connects them to this lets say messy buy (I'm not saying it was bad it just wasn't good). So now if said member were to open another buy no one would know of this members past history. I know I did not leave feedback for this buy because I feared retaliatory feedback.

At the end of the day this forum belongs to Michelle so we will have to adjust to whatever she decides.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:48

I like to use my website for destashes just because it's easier to keep track of the inventory and so I don't have to send invoices, because I'm lazy But I feel bad every time I do it that way, I even give the direct link to the category instead of just providing the link to my site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie-PolkaDot View Post
I don't think she plans on removing the buy threads...just the selling threads.

The only way I see this being done without deleting ongoing threads of the people who are using them as stores and just not allow it.

I am not talking about Destashes....I am talking about the threads that list everything they have like a store.

Lace Rompers/Pant/Bloomers/Hats, Rosette Ribbon NEW COLORS, Rosette Mesh Trim, Shabby Chiffon Flowers, Glitter Elastic Are Now In STOCK..more items coming soon.
www.ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale.com
Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/432068236823110/
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53

I'm just curious as to which types of posts are the ones like a store? I'm kinda new and am still figuring this whole thing out, so far I have had great experiences with buying things from people in destash's, buying things as show fillers and group buys (which have opened up a whole new dangerous world for me ). I would hate for these to be lessened or taken away but I also don't want to run into someone who's going to take my money.
If avoiding store type posts would help alleviate the problem a little I totally would but how do I know which is which? I was thinking about offering to sell some handmade flowers wholesale for you girls that I have yet to see on here but that sell like CRAZY for me, but if that's what everyone's talking about then I obviously won't.
Also I understand people pay for advertisements on the page, do people also pay to have their store advertised under their name? totally just curious

Last edited by Polkadotdelights; 02-03-2011 at 10:57.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:30

Every sale here.. whether it be a destash, group buy, split or whatever.. is one less potential sale for Michelle.

Look at the name of this forum. At the top of my page it says:

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Clearly, when she set up this board, it was to freely share information. I think sales evolved out of that, but I don't think she anticipated it would grow to this degree (I am not speaking for her, this is my own opinion).

Ask yourself, for every sale that goes on, what does Michelle get out of it?

Charging a fee for B/S/T is not a good idea (imo). I've run forums that involved fees/membership dues and I hated it. I'd rather sell advertising than deal with the headache of dues.

(jmo)
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Every sale here.. whether it be a destash, group buy, split or whatever.. is one less potential sale for Michelle.

Look at the name of this forum. At the top of my page it says:

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Clearly, when she set up this board, it was to freely share information. I think sales evolved out of that, but I don't think she anticipated it would grow to this degree (I am not speaking for her, this is my own opinion).

Ask yourself, for every sale that goes on, what does Michelle get out of it?

Charging a fee for B/S/T is not a good idea (imo). I've run forums that involved fees/membership dues and I hated it. I'd rather sell advertising than deal with the headache of dues.

(jmo)
Exactly...She makes money from sales from her store and from advertising.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:39

Quote:
Exactly...She makes money from sales from her store and from advertising.
Right.

You can think of it this way.. let's say you go to Target. They have fairly decent prices and you like shopping there.

Then, you go down an aisle and there you see a Walmart rep selling stuff out of his cart. He doesn't have a lot, he's just destashing stuff he's been carrying around for awhile. He's transient, only there for a short while.

Down the next aisle is the Kmart rep... doing the same thing.

They're both standing on Target property but Target isn't getting a cut of their sale dollars.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:18

There's no easy answer to any of this. It would be simple if all people were honest, but unfortunately we don't have that in today's society.

Anyway, I'm still unsure exactly what is happening and how this is all working out.

Deb
slightly confused!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg