Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Everything Else > Ask the Mods!

Ask the Mods! Request moving or deleting a thread. Is it OK to post this and that? About Moderation Issues...

Old 01-21-2010, 11:34

Default Re: Criteria for Banning a HG?

ladies......
here is a tip NEVER pay with existing pp funds, or you are OUT OF LUCK with paypal, bascially you are out of luck either way as I was told by paypal themselves, they do NOT back any transactions done outside of EBAY.

if you pay with your CHECKING/SAVINGS accunt, or a creditcard, you are covered with your bank. Go in do a chargeback, and you will get your money back THAT DAY while they investigate!!

ETA I have hoseted WAY to many group buys to count LOL>..but I will NOT deal with paypal anymore for the simple fact I was doig a HUGE bow buy, and have over 10,000.00 of other peoples money in my account....The day I close dand got everyones payments, Paypal deided to lock my account, and would not unfreeze it until I oculd provide shipping notifications, and a receipt for the goods ordered, Needless to say I couldnt do either becasue basically they stole our mnoney LOL thank the LORD I was able to refund EVERYONE with the accounbt being locked within a day, it was stressful,peopple were REALLY mad at me whcih I understand we were all looking forward to that buy. BUT everyone got their cash back within hours of me noticing what paypal had done!

I have sinced switched to propay and checks and money orders, for the simple reason, PROPAY will back with the buyer if something bad would happen so does a checking account!

Whne I was going though a dispute a while ago via paypal I was pretty much told sorry you are out of luck, we dont back non ebay purhcases HUH it is SO agrivating!

do your homework, ask for phonenumbers and ways to get in contact with ther perosn, unfortuanlty the police really do not get invoilved....I have a case from 2006 still have NOT gotten my refund from that grrr now I dont even get returned calls from the PD...it was only a few hundred bucks,.but STILL

Anyway thats my 2 cents for what its worth!

Last edited by nicole29; 01-21-2010 at 11:41.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-21-2010, 11:42

I agree! It happens with newer and veteran members. I was taken for $30 from a veteran member on this board. Nothing but praises about this person from everyone. She was famous though for pimping out her etsy site with deals, etc, because she really needed the money. I purchased some Halloween items from her in June and never received them. I originally told her I wasn't in a huge hurry, since October was a ways off, so needless to say I lost my 45 days to file with paypal. I did file, but they said it had been too long. I filed with Etsy and they finally shut her site down. I made several attempts to contact her and never got a response.

So unfortunately, it does happen. I still participate in some buys and destashes, but am really cautious about how much I will buy. I also shy away from people who really seem desperate for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsx3 View Post
I want to chime in just because they have been here awhile doesnt mean they can be trusted. Truthfully no one can be ideally trusted on the internet. I think there needs to be an APPROVED list of people that can host buys. I have been on here forever and have participated in a very select few buys for this very reason. If I cant do the buy myself then I just go without. I have hosted small buys, and they are time consuming. I myself dont participate in any buys that take longer than 30 days, or that high minimums. Just for the simple reason that after 45 days in pp your screwed. Typically things start to go wrong, orders dropped etc.

my perosnal advice don't listen to excuses, business is business, trust your instinct and FILE before 45 days.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:50

I hate paypal!! but I love how I can ship firstmail to save buyer shipping fee. I wish USPS.com will do this soon.

I really need to look into propay, google checkout or amazon moneyhtingie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessfancypants View Post
ladies......
here is a tip NEVER pay with existing pp funds, or you are OUT OF LUCK with paypal, bascially you are out of luck either way as I was told by paypal themselves, they do NOT back any transactions done outside of EBAY.

if you pay with your CHECKING/SAVINGS accunt, or a creditcard, you are covered with your bank. Go in do a chargeback, and you will get your money back THAT DAY while they investigate!!

ETA I have hoseted WAY to many group buys to count LOL>..but I will NOT deal with paypal anymore for the simple fact I was doig a HUGE bow buy, and have over 10,000.00 of other peoples money in my account....The day I close dand got everyones payments, Paypal deided to lock my account, and would not unfreeze it until I oculd provide shipping notifications, and a receipt for the goods ordered, Needless to say I couldnt do either becasue basically they stole our mnoney LOL thank the LORD I was able to refund EVERYONE with the accounbt being locked within a day, it was stressful,peopple were REALLY mad at me whcih I understand we were all looking forward to that buy. BUT everyone got their cash back within hours of me noticing what paypal had done!

I have sinced switched to propay and checks and money orders, for the simple reason, PROPAY will back with the buyer if something bad would happen so does a checking account!

Whne I was going though a dispute a while ago via paypal I was pretty much told sorry you are out of luck, we dont back non ebay purhcases HUH it is SO agrivating!

do your homework, ask for phonenumbers and ways to get in contact with ther perosn, unfortuanlty the police really do not get invoilved....I have a case from 2006 still have NOT gotten my refund from that grrr now I dont even get returned calls from the PD...it was only a few hundred bucks,.but STILL

Anyway thats my 2 cents for what its worth!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:56

Is this person still on the board?

I agree that shying away from people who seem desperate for money is probably smart. I tend to read the sob story and feel badly, but people know that which is why the put the sob stories out there.
If someone is selling something and the "deal" is to good to be true, it probably isn't true!
You girls should add the people you are talking about to the "list" I posted earlier today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
I agree! It happens with newer and veteran members. I was taken for $30 from a veteran member on this board. Nothing but praises about this person from everyone. She was famous though for pimping out her etsy site with deals, etc, because she really needed the money. I purchased some Halloween items from her in June and never received them. I originally told her I wasn't in a huge hurry, since October was a ways off, so needless to say I lost my 45 days to file with paypal. I did file, but they said it had been too long. I filed with Etsy and they finally shut her site down. I made several attempts to contact her and never got a response.

So unfortunately, it does happen. I still participate in some buys and destashes, but am really cautious about how much I will buy. I also shy away from people who really seem desperate for money.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:06

This is making me real nervous now. I am in 4 buys right now, one of which I am not sure of. Would love if people could send me the names so I know what I should do. Thanks

Last edited by Zoya19; 01-21-2010 at 01:04.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:06

She hasn't been on here since August. Someone on here posted they saw her working a craft show I think in September and that she was having some personal issues, blah, blah, blah. The last time I contacted her through her Etsy, she quickly put herself in vacation mode and emptied her store. I think that was in September. I had been in contact with her several times since I bought the items, checking on the status of my order and such. Etsy couldn't get her to respond either and finally disabled her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Is this person still on the board?

I agree that shying away from people who seem desperate for money is probably smart. I tend to read the sob story and feel badly, but people know that which is why the put the sob stories out there.
If someone is selling something and the "deal" is to good to be true, it probably isn't true!
You girls should add the people you are talking about to the "list" I posted earlier today!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:22

What goes around comes around!

It would be great if the feedback system worked.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:24

I live about 40 minutes away from someone who I have been told who did a Group Buy gone bad.
Agggh it leaves an icky feeling in my stomache!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:30

Would someone want to pm me who we're talking about because recently I've been involved in a couple buys that have produced nothing... Trying to think the best of these folks, but I'm beginning to get nervous-esp. about one who has repeatedly promised refunds, and I have not received one yet though some have said they got their refunds. I am struggling for money right now since my husband was laid off, and I just got back to work after being laid off for the holidays. So if I am not getting any product-I need my money back. I can't understand why someone would do something like this. And it really ruins it for the rest of you guys who are running legitimate buys. These are great deals for us all IF everyone could just be honest and aboveboard!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:20

Hello Everyone,

May I suggest something...

I am from Singapore where GB are very popular as we are so damn small that you can travel from 1 end of the country to the other end within 45min. Scammers cannot run very far and domestic postage is very very reasonable...

I host regular GB at my local forum. What the forum mod do is to request for potential GB hosters to be verified before they can conduct any GB.. i.e.:

They have to submit their information and document proof before they are allowed to conduct GBs.

What my local forum required from potential GB hoster:
1. Scanned copy of passport or national ID card
2. Full Residential Address
3. Contact Details
4. Bank Account Details

Not sure if it is visible here... but it is just a suggestion...

Last edited by iceswee18; 01-22-2010 at 02:22.
Sponsored Links