View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:40
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

Originally Posted by DanielleK View Post
It's a basic rolled rosette made with satin ribbon instead of fabric.

I can't link the YouTube vid I use b/c I'm on my phone, but the way I learned is to cut out a circle of cardstock in the width you want your rose.

Then glue the end of your ribbon to the center. Then twist the ribbon and roll it around the center, gluing to the cardstock as you go. When you get to the edge, glue the ribbon over the edge of the cardstock for a nice finish and cut and glue the end to the back.

Then glue to your headband and finish with a felt backing, or for a clip, finish with felt and then add a clip.

Looks like the one posted in the OP was twisted and rolled inward toward the center, and she didn't worry about folding the edges if the ribbon in, so it's just a freehand "twist and roll".
Awesome, thank you so much. I tried doing something on my own yesterday and I think my satin was to "fat" because it did look like those. Was pretty, but not the same. I will try this for sure!

Originally Posted by BabyChunkyCheeks View Post
I am super flattered about this thread and so glad that I came across this forum! It is filled with such wonderful resources!

Whichever posted stated that it's just a free hand roll and twist is right. No real rhyme or reason to how I do things, they just end up the way they do! I'm glad everyone likes them! If you find a tut for a basic rolled rosette, once you get the hang of that you can tweak and adjust that method to make slight differences in the appearance of the rose (either the pointier version or a more rounded look like mine)

I'm going to have lots of fun looking around here. Just what I need...another website to spend countless hours browsing!
They are SO beautiful!! Welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
Welcome to the forum!!!

I'll admit, I spend more time dinking around on here than I do making bows every day
You and me both Shelley!

Check out my complete bow tuturial listed on Etsy!