View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:19
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
Okay, I've been hesitating to say this, but it was the first thing that crossed my mind...

If someone has never seen these floor props used before, that means she probably hasn't been shopping in the types of venues where my stuff is sold...My assumption would be that she is not a high end or boutique shopper...

I really think that the people that are shopping for boutique quality stuff are 'in the know', and would know that this is the photography trend right now...It's very shabby chic,

Just my opinion!!
This was a group of 20+ savvy, intelligent, upscale women with money to spend. They do indeed shop at high-end boutiques (we have several exclusive ones in the area).

I'm not sure... but why would they care about photography trends on etsy? How would that be of interest to them? They see a bow on a floor (albeit faux) and they dismiss that seller and move onto the next. It certainly isn't difficult to find more than one OTT bow for sale.

The high end boutiques here (speaking about the ones that are within a 20 mile radius from me) aren't using faux floor/walls to display their inventory. Maybe that's a regional thing but here, there are no bows on floors.. real or otherwise.