View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:44
Default Re: How to price tutus and tutudress's

Originally Posted by mclark08 View Post
Yea that was my problem I have never done a size 12 so I have no idea how much tull it will take. The tutu dress is what i had at $60 for a size 12 year. The smaller sizes starts at $25 and go up a little for each bigger size. A size 12 is going to take ALOT of tull though so I was trying to figure in the extra cost. I have no idea how much it would take to make it though
I don't think $60 for a 12 year old is too much at all! I mean, you look on etsy and there's 2-3T sizes for that much and even more. For the future, I would make a set price for each size, depending on the type of tutu and how much work goes into it. That way it's right there on your website, etsy, facebook....wherever you sell your stuff. If you have loyal customers, they will come back to you no matter the price. Trial and error for pricing is all you can do. If they're not selling for $60, put them "on sale" for a period of time for $50...that's a good way to get your repeat customers who will end up realizing your quality is good and won't mind paying the "retail price" once your "sale" ends