View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:44
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
No, it was several shops. The white rough wood floor against the fake wall is very, very popular on etsy.

The point of the story was that the people taking the pic aren't really putting their products on a dirty floor (that rough wood white one can give that impression). But the consumer doesn't know that. They think it's actually a floor.

And, when you think about it, why would you want to buy something that's been on the floor? Especially because it's ribbon, light colored fabric, etc. and you're buying it to put in your kids' hair?
I think even if we were to point it out in the description people don't always read the whole description.

I do love the look that people were achieving, however it is still the customers we are trying to attract to our products, if they think it's been lying on a dirty floor they will move onto someone else. I will say it is hard to please everyone, so if you find something that is working great for your photos and you are selling your products, then go with it. But never be afraid to try something new, you may just find something that is perfect and grabs more peoples attention=more sales.