View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:08
Default Re: criss cross tutu (copyright?)

Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
hello all i have seen a criss cross tutu - i love them and have been asked to make one similar but not the same as a prop for a photographer. but not sure about copyrights - not sure if the lady who owns it is on here or not to confirm this? but this is the company any help on if i can move forward with this order wud be much appreciated thank u
dont wana upset anyone or tread on any toes!/pages/Abbys-TuTu-Factory/45095667275

She does stunning work! There is not even a copyright on the instructions anywhere at least not 6 months ago. My husband and I looked into this as there were a few people claiming that there was a copyright. You can ask the Copyright Office to search its records, which we did. Also, you can search the "Catalog of Copyright Entries". Which we've also done. You might want to check again since it has been 6 months since we've checked. Let us know what you find, if you decide to HTH. Also, if anyone claims to have a copyright, they should be able and willing to provide you with the information regarding such. Also I know not long ago Abby was selling her images of her criss cross tutus to other boutique owners to use on their sites. She stated at one point, "If you can't beat them, join them and make some money while at it". So she is aware and has accepted that she is not the only one creating these anymore.

Last edited by Tinkerbell5; 02-22-2011 at 02:16.