Thread: I Need HELP!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 06:23
Default Re: I Need HELP!

Keep in mind that the $1 per roll baskets at Michaels are usually satin ribbon or 3/8 grossgrain ribbon. I learned the hard way that to make the Over The Top Twisted Bows you want to use at least 7/8 grossgrain and 1 1/2 grossgrain for the bows and spikes. The satin ribbon will not hold the twisted shape like the grossgrain, just wanted to put that out there because when I first started I thought those sales were great but I just wasted my money because it wasn't what I needed for the bows like this. HTH. It took me nearly 6 months to get the twisted bows and stacked bows but I'm a visual person and had to purchase good templates and tutorials. I hope you get the look you are wanting for your beautiful baby girl in a month! And there are some amazing and talented women here that that will help you along the way, me, I'm not that amazing or talented but I will cheer for you and offer any support or tips I know.

Welcome to HG, aka my drug.

Originally Posted by KyliesMommy View Post
Thank you so much! Its great to know that someone in this world would take the time and help me! My daughter's birthday is in about a month sooo i have a lil time! Ya I found that michael's has sales and lke they have a big basket outside at $1.00 per roll! So when i find them and i have coupons i do it big and get asmany as my budget can allow!