View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 07:19
Default Re: I need a sizzix experts PLEASE!!

This is my first reply to a post! Michael's has Sizzix dies on sale at 40% off this week. I also found a few at Joann's Fabric & Crafts. Hobby lobby had none in the store but I believe they can be purchased on the Hobby Lobby website.

I received my big Shot Express as a gift from my DH for my Valentine's Day birthday. He bought my Big Shot Express from an online dealer- It is a Sizzix Superstore and was the first retailer to sell Sizzix products to the public when Sizzix debuted. Her name is Maria B AKA "The Sizzix Lady" and it was a pleasure dealing with her. He was able to purchase my Big Shot Express at a great price since it is being discontinued and it was her last one. She assured me that she has spoken to Sizzix and they will stand behind any repairs that may ever be needed (I hope it doesn't need any!) even though the production of them has ceased. You will find just about every Sizzix die there is on this site.

Many of the scrapbooking sites also have Sizzix dies for sale and it's possible to find them on sale. They can also be purchased directly from the site. Did you know that they have a Sizzix outlet? It can be found on the upper right corner of They have fabulous deals but it's hit and miss.

I am thrilled to have found this site. I am in the infancy stage (more like brand new baby! Lol) with bow making and experimenting with different hair accessories for my 2 granddaughters ages 4 years and 4 months. I don't plan on starting a business. This is just a hobby to keep me busy and from going crazy in my now too quiet house! I selected the Big Shot Express because I needed the machine to be electric due a disability with my dominant right hand and because it can cut fabric. I've also been trying to re-purpose and look at things with new eyes. It's surprising what has turned out to be usable templates for flowers and reusable containers to use for storage! I've been buying a lot of scrap booking type embellishments to use in making hair clips and Prima Marketing has many beautiful lines of fabric flowers new in 2011 in addition to many from previous years. Since I am not a fan of glitter, I try to stay away from using flowers with glitter on them. I also don't want to risk the baby getting glitter in her eyes or nose.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your ideas and for providing the free tutorials. My DH bought a bunch of organizational storage items for me to get a work space in order. He has promised to start building a work table for me soon. I certainly hope so! Lol

I look forward to more great ideas!

Thank you.
Sponsored Links