View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:18
Default Re: How come these korkers are so puffy?

Originally Posted by littlepeabows View Post
Just a side note, be very careful using her pic in this thread here, I create korkers using fun fur, marabou, korker ribbon, ric rac and a few other things, I do one each holiday....well, this past christmas season she sent me a convo through etsy that stated..."you should be utterly ashamed of yourself, you sell plenty and have no need to copy my design" , it went on and blah, blah, blah

i sent her a reply back "..though your work is absolutely wonderful I did not copy your design, I have in this particular christmas korker, ric rac, fun fur and all kinds of other things. I have created a special holiday korker & boutique bow for each holiday and this has been a top seller at my shows for 4 years running. I also do not have the time in my work day to hunt and scope out everyone who sells something similar to me. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and have a blessed holiday season."

i don't think that was to bad of a reply considering we were on vacay in vegas when she convo'ed me and for some reason i decided to reply to her after walking the strip for 7 hours and more than a few cocktails, thank goodness I didn't say anything rude or crappy!
Oy vey! I can assure her that I am not going to copy her designs. Most of my korkers are bottle caps anyway. I just wanted them to be fuller. I used the tutorial I posted in this post as my guideline, so my future korker bows will have nothing to do with hers. I've seen plenty of other korker bows that are just as full as hers. She doesn't own the copyright on them. Your response was a lot nicer than mine would have been.

Last edited by piggysplace; 02-15-2011 at 04:23.