View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:57
Default Re: melted my korkers ribbon

okay, here is the update:

I went and bought a new oven thermometer.. tested my oven and it preheated to 275 in 5 min! My husband replaced both the thermostat and the heating unit on the oven.. so it works great-- he did that last year..

I made the korkers and baked them for 275 for 1/2 hr.. they turned out great.. I continued with the directions, but my korkers seemed limp.. so I trimmed them back-- they were about 6" long and now they are about 3 1/2" long.. is that about right? each korker is about 4 curls ... so since I couldn't get the knack yet for a single korker, I made 2 little korkers that my niece can wear together or individually...

let me know what you all think!

I am not mailing them yet, til I get 2 other bows for her made (an Easter one and her birthday one).. then I am mailing her out 4 different bows (these korkers and a St Patty's Day one)...

Thanks for all your help and let me know if I need to trim them shorter or if there was something else I should have done..

I did spray them with spray starch and attached a lined alligator clip to the backs..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pics 061.jpg (54.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg pics 058.jpg (54.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg pics 062.jpg (53.7 KB, 33 views)