View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 06:21
Default Re: Can I see pics of your tutu waistbands?

Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
I don't use the slip knot method and don't have a photo of the waistband of any tutus. Depending on how full I want them I do 2-3 layers adding stripes of tulle in between each knot all the way around.

If you use the slip knot method and want your tutu's full then might try the up/down method with them. It will make your tutu's full and hide the waistband. Do your slip knots all the way around without stretching your elastic to much then turn your tutu upside down and do another layer all the way around in between the first layer.
I saw another thread about full tutus and that is what got me thinking. Mine look pretty full, I think. (I added a pic) I just dont' like cramming all the tulle on the band because of the way it looks - and it stretches really bad from pushing them all together. I need to try your method of layering the tulle in between the first layer....I saw that on the other thread. And, I had heard of the up down method, but I didn't realize that you turned up the tutu upside down. I guess I just need to try some trial and error.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tutu July 4th back view.jpg (40.1 KB, 235 views)
PLEASE DO NOT SELL TO ME!!! NEED a 12 step program!! Anyone know of a good one?!!? Ribbons and Stuff Anonymous?!?!