View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:07
Default Re: Feather pads for babies - what do you think?

Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
Thanks! I made the flowers from satin fabric and I found a tut someone had posted here - it was on youtube. I'd search for "rolled rose" or "rolled rosette" and see what you can find. This lady just showed cutting a long strip of the satin fabric about 1 1/2 inches wide and knotting it at the end, then glueing, twisting, wrapping, etc. Then you could add a felt back at the end, but it wasn't made directly on a felt piece. HTH - I wish I knew what tut I saw, but it was a few months ago and I can't remember.
I make mine by cutting a circle of card stock (or poster board, whatever you have - I recycle the cards my buttons come on by using them for my smaller circles) in the size I want my rosette. I glue the end of the ribbon (or fabric strip) to the center, then start twisting, wrapping, and putting a dot of glue on the circle then gluing down the ribbon, and repeat. Having a "base" and dotting the glue on it (instead of on the ribbon) makes it easier for me. Then I add a piece of felt to finish it off (after I've glued it to a headband or before I add it to a lined clip).