View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:15
Default Re: Someone should sell stock photos

Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
I personally think having more then 1 photographer would really expand the amount of pictures we would all have access to. However can you think of a way it would benefit you too as a photographer? Usually photographers get to keep the products, but in this situation I am not sure how to work that.
Well, I have two girls so anything I buy to take photos of, they might end up using. If they don't, I can always just turn around and destash them here. That would recoup some of the cost, and the rest would be taken care of when people pay me for the stock photos. If I sold enough stock photos, then the cost of the supplies would become a non-issue.

I also love taking photos and new challenges, and this would definitely fall under that category for me.

There's also the facet that any exposure at all I can get, to get my name out there, is a wonderful thing.

It would take me a bit to get set up (I have to order the supplies to photograph) but I think I have a lot to offer, as far as my photography experience and skills go. I would most likely do a "per pic" system, through a private album on Flickr. The pictures would be watermarked with my business name, and they would either stay watermarked with that, or they could be watermarked with the buyer's business name at no cost. (adding a watermark literally takes less than a minute) I probably would not sell them just blank, because that puts it "out there" and then there's nothing to stop people from stealing it or sharing it.

And now I am rambling, so I'll stop. I would like to know if there truly is any interest in me doing these, because if there isn't, and everyone is set on going with someone else, then me ordering the supplies and taking the time to take the shots would just be a waste.

On a leave of absence.